This recipe is sponsored by Huon Aquaculture.
Salmon Stir Fry
A super simple Asian salmon stir fry perfect for an easy dinner any night of the week.
Using fresh salmon fillets and vegetables this stir fry salmon is ready in under 30 minutes and is healthy and nutritious. Most of all, it is freakin delicious!
Related Recipes Keto Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry / Chicken Pepper Fry
Why We Love This Recipe
Flavour-packed! fresh & simple ingredients with a homemade teriyaki sauce.
Low in carbs – at only 2g net carbs this Asian salmon stir fry is perfect for healthy meal plans.
Family Friendly – this chicken dinner is very family friendly. Not too hot or spicy.
Freezer Friendly -make ahead, and freeze in portions for easy healthy freezer meals.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the quantity of each ingredient used in our keto salmon stir fry recipe.
This is one of the healthiest ways to cook salmon. Stir fries are fast and easy. Cooking this way results in crisp vegetables and perfectly cooked salmon without using lots of fat and retaining all the nutrients.
Here is the rundown for our salmon stir fry ingredients.
Fresh Salmon – I use skinless Huon Salmon fillets. Fresh or frozen fillets are both fine for the stir fry. Ocean trout, or any firm fish fillets can be used in place of the salmon.
Vegetables – the recipe uses fresh asparagus, bok choy and capsicum/red bell peppers. Broccoli, sugar snap peas, green beans, or broccolini are some great substitutes.
I love this simple stir fry sauce. It is incredibly tasty and still is keto friendly and low in carbs, just the way I like it. A delicious gluten free homemade Teriyaki sauce that is quick and easy to make.
Vegemite – Swap gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos for Vegemite or leave it out completely.
Sweetener – I use Sukrin Gold as my brown sweetener. It adds a nice subtle sweetness to the salmon stir fry sauce.
Ginger – use fresh ginger or fresh ginger paste.
Rice Wine Vinegar – I use this for added acidity without a strong flavour.
How to Make an Easy Salmon Stir Fry
Step 1. Place sauce ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
Step 2. Add 2 teaspoons of oil to a wok over high heat. Add half the salmon cubes and stir fry 1-2 minutes until seared. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate. Add leftover oil and repeat with remaining salmon. Set aside.
Step 3. Add sauce to wok over high heat and bring to a boil. Add capsicum and asparagus and stir fry 1-2 minutes. Return salmon to wok and add bok choy turn to coat in the sauce. Stir fry until the bok choy is “just” tender and the sauce has thickened. Serve with sliced green onions, red pepper flakes (or fresh chili), a smattering of sesame seeds and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can add noodles to the stir fry or make a salmon stir fry rice. Cauliflower rice or regular rice would work well. Add any of your favourite herbs and chili or chili flakes are always fab.
Yes, you can. If you are planning on not serving the stir fry immediately leave the salmon slightly under how you would usually like it. That way it will be easier to not overcook. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat and remove once warmed through.
For more great keto dinners scroll through our website and bookmark your favorites. I am currently loving our Pork Knuckle German Style (Schweinshaxe), Tandoori Chicken Oven Baked, Easy Duck Stir Fry, and Easy Zucchini Slice.
RAVING NEW FAN? Subscribe to our newsletter for more low carb keto recipes. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all new food stuff on Pinterest.
Salmon Stir Fry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 280 g salmon fillets skinless, cut into 2.5cm (1-inch) cubes
- 0.5 red capsicum (bell peppers) cut into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into 5cm (2-inch) lengths
- 0.5 bunch baby bok choy cut in halves lengthwise
- Green onion red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and lime wedges to serve
SALMON STIR FRY SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (45g) or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sweetener
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely minced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Vegemite or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 0.25 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place sauce ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Add oil to a wok over high heat. Add salmon cubes and stir fry 1-2 minutes until seared. Transfer to a plate.
- Add sauce to wok over high heat and bring to a boil. Add capsicum and asparagus and stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add bok choy; stir-fry until "just" tender and is sauce thick. Add salmon and turn to coat in sauce. Serve with sliced green onions, red pepper flakes (or fresh chili), sesame seeds and lime wedges.
- Place sauce ingredients into mixer; heat 4 min/100°C/slowest speed/cap off. Pour into a small bowl and set aside. Follow stir fry method above or use the alternate steam method below.
- Add 600g water to mixer; heat 5 min/120°C/speed 1. Place salmon cubes into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of prepared sauce. Toss to coat. Place into steamer dish with capsicum and asparagus. Cover with lid and place on top of mixer; steam 8 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Transfer to thermoserver or large bowl. Add bok choy and sauce stir to combine. Cover and leave to rest for 2 minutes before serving. Serve with sliced green onions, red pepper flakes (or fresh chili), sesame seeds and lime wedges.
Love the combination of asparagus and salmon, such a beautiful dish, thanks for sharing!
You are very welcome.
My new favourite salmon dinner recipe. Easy to make and super tasty. I served it with noodles!
Mmmm, this was a yummy salmon stir fry! We like seafood but don’t eat it nearly as much as we should. This was an easy way to eat it during the week.
So happy you enjoyed it Tristin.
I love how quick and easy this was and how healthy you felt just by eating it. It’s going to be one of my go-tos for meal prepping during the holiday rush.
Yay! So good to hear Kristina. Thanks for making it.
The sauce in this stir fry was amazing and I love the crispy and leafy vegetables contrast. This is great for around the holidays when you’re short on time and want healthy meal recipes.
I am so happy you enjoyed it Kristina. Thanks for leaving a review too xx
What a wonderful light stir fry. A seafood was such a nice change for our midweek dinner. We truly enjoyed it.
That is so good to hear. Thanks for taking the time to come back and leave a review.
I love making an easy and quick dish and this one is perfect to prepare for tonight’s dinner.
Awesome to hear Amy!
This salmon stir fry looks delicious my favorite fish I am going to try this.