Keto Gozleme made with Lupin Flour
Possibly my most controversial recipe Mad Creations Keto Gozleme. This dough does have Lupin flour as one of the 2 ingredients. While many following Banting may rule it out, I say to consider it.
As an insulin resistance sufferer, I am very careful with my diet, and think about what I put in my mouth and how it is going to affect my insulin and blood sugar. Any many articles I have read, how it can work to improve my insulin sensitivity and reduce cholesterol and risk of cardiovascular disease.
For many of the health reasons, I chose to use Lupin. While it is not the Banting Green List, you must consider that, that list is based on a dietary recommendation spanning back than 100 years a continent away. Lupin is prevalent to Australia, and may not ever have been tested in what foods do affect your body in a positive or negative way.
If you or any of your family have an allergies to Peanuts, then please do not even consider Lupin, as it can cause similar allergic reactions as peanuts.
I have included an Almond Flour option, that will be tested by my delightful and hard working testers, and give you feedback. I will say that Lupin Flour is incredible in baked goods, and these gozlemes, taste closer to a wheat flour option, then anything I have made since going LCHF.
I look forward to creating recipes that use more of it. I will be adding some alternative on lowcarbmixers Fb page so stay tuned, for a few fillings, and maybe even some pretzel bombs!
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mad Creations LCHF/Keto Gozleme
- 110 g greek yogurt I used Meredith Dairy sheeps milk yogurt, it is so beautiful
- 125 g lupin flour
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- oil butter or ghee for cooking
- fresh lemon wedges
- Mix ingredients together by hand or on dough setting on Thermomix for a couple of minutes until your dough comes together.
- It should be slightly sticky
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes
- Break dough into 2 balls and roll out on “floured” workspace, into large thin circle
- Fill with your choice of fillings, and bake in oven until golden, 170℃ or cook in a fry pan with melted butter, olive oil or ghee.
- Serve with fresh lemon, salt, seeds, and brushed with extra melted butter