Keto Tuna Casserole with Salty Bacon & Cheese
Mad Creations Keto Tuna Casserole with Salty Bacon Crust, is an inexpensive and timeless family favourite that everyone can still enjoy while following a Ketogenic Diet.
This recipe is featured in my extremely popular limited edition book #ketobudget
Our keto tuna mornay was added to a vote of popular recipes to create in a budget style for the family. Tuna Casserole came out as a huge winner, and even more so when it was again voted as my first FREE recipe to featured out of the book.
Plus it is easily the most commented and recommended recipe by everyone that has made it to date.
It also seems tuna hating kids and hubbies absolutely love it and vote with licking their plates clean. I guess that means this tuna mornay is pretty good.
How to Make Keto Tuna Casserole
Tuna Casserole is such an easy recipe. Even with this one it is easy to change it up to your personal taste.
Swap mushrooms for zucchini or celery if you are not a fan..
If you don’t eat tuna, swap it out for chicken, bacon or ham.
For more vegetables in the casserole add your favourite ones in. Plus if you are like me and need a bit of heat add some chillies and lots of cracked pepper.
If you love this recipe please comment below let other know how you got on with it!
Want more Cheap and Easy Recipes?
If you love our keto tuna casserole and want more low carb casseroles or cheap meals then try a few of these in your weekly keto meal plans.
- Buttery Beef Casserole with Dumplings
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Delicious Keto Beef Lasagne
- Schweinshaxe – Bavarian Slow Cooked Pork Knuckle
- Better than Takeout Asian Keto Recipes
Have you got your Keto for Beginners eBook yet?
With 2 volumes of meal plans, recipes, and a load of info answering many of the questions I hear all the time.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Keto Tuna Casserole with Salty Bacon
- 15 g butter
- 15 g olive oil
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 4 green spring onions chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (opt. substitutes include psyllium husks, or extra veg, like broccoli, cauliflower)
- 220 g thickened cream
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 400 g tinned tuna in springwater
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bacon rashers diced and cooked in oven until crispy
- cheese cooked until crispy and crumbled place grated cheese on baking tray and cook in hot oven until melted and golden, remove from oven and leave to cool on tray
- 200 g zucchini zoodles or cauliflower rice, or konjak noodles
- Preheat oven to 170℃.
- Melt butter and oil in saucepan over medium heat. Sauté spring onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Mix through xanthan gum thicken slightly. Add cream and half of the mozzarella and stir until sauce is thick. Stir through tuna and season to taste.
- Transfer mornay to casserole dish. Bake 15 minutes.Top with remaining mozzarella and bake a further 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Sprinkle over crispy bacon and crumbled cheese crisps. Season to taste. Serve with zoodles, and fresh green salad
- Heat butter and oil 1 minute/80℃/speed 2.
- Place mushrooms and spring onion into mixing bowl and cook 4 minutes/ Varoma/reverse/soft.
- Add xanthan, cream and half of mozzarella. Cook 2 minutes/90℃/ reverse/soft.
- Add tuna, salt and pepper and mix 20 seconds/reverse/speed 2. Follow from Step 4 above.
Want more recipes for the keto diet? Check out our store packed full of keto cookbooks. Check out our cookbooks.