Keto Spiced Lamb Kofta + Mint Yogurt
Mad Creations Keto Spiced Lamb Kofta + Mint Yogurt is a super easy recipe to knock up and feed the family. Even better if you have some young apprentices to do all the ball rolling.
You can serve these kofta various ways as I have including using the same mixture in a sausage roll using fathead dough. I love making these to have in the fridge or freezer for easy meals. They are great for a quick salad, or wrap using the Cauliflower Wraps with a little yoghurt and salad for a delicious lunch or dinner. There is something about little spiced meatballs that I just love.
Make these ahead for lunch boxes for a quick and easy lunchtime favourite. Also fabulous served with some cauli tabouleh, lemon wedges, avocado and a salsa.
I hope you enjoy this very simple and tasty recipe
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mad Creations Keto Spiced Lamb Kofta + Mint Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 350 g lamb mince
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 ½ tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp sumac extra for garnish
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or chilli powder
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- small bunch fresh mint chopped
- small bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- 200 g full fat low carb yogurt or sour cream
- 50 g cucumber
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add garlic cloves and 12 leaves of mint, and 1/2 bunch of parsley to mixer
- Chop 3 seconds / speed 5
- Add mince, cumin, coriander, sumac, 1 tsp of lemon rind, and chilli (if using)
- Mix 15 seconds / speed 3
- Remove from bowl and shape into balls, or long sausage shapes around a bamboo skewer.
- Cook on a medium heat grill, or frypan (use some olive oil spray) until lightly golden and cooked through. Approximately 5-7 minutes depending on preferred shape.
- Add cucumber, 12 mint leaves and rest of parsley to mixer
- Chop 4 seconds / speed 4
- Add yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix 5 seconds / speed 4
- Serve Kofta with Greek Salad and Dressing.
- Squeeze extra lemon juice over Kofta to serve and sprinkle yogurt with extra pic of sumac