Baked Keto Donut – the BEST Cinnamon donut
Just one try of my Baked Keto Donuts and you will be hooked!
I had a great baked donut recipe, that I converted to gluten free. The GF version is even better than the original. So I thought I would give it a crack to make a baked keto donut.
Lighter in texture than the donuts I had made in the past. These are a ridiculous 1g net carbs per donut! I mean like seriously that is a joke. You could eat them all and still be under your 20g carbs per day! Talk about a Keto donut dozen lol!
I will be totally honest when I say you and any of your unassuming friends would swear that these were not only fried but taste just like a normal donut. Which looking at this recipe you know full well that this is just not the case. The ultimate keto baked donut recipe!
Baked Keto Donut Ingredients
This grain free donut is made mostly with ingredients we all have in our keto pantry.
- Almond meal
- Whey protein isolate – this gives it structure and a crisp outer shell
- Sweeteners – I like to use Sukrin:1 for this recipe because it has no aftertaste. Be careful what you use in the cinnamon sugar as the sweeteners with a string cooling affect or bitter flavour will over power the donut.
- Xanthan gum – adds structure to the donut and should not be left out.
- Baking powder and baking soda – I use Bobs Red Mill Baking Powder; it is a double acting that helps to give a better rise and light and fluffy texture to baked goods. Baking soda for the Aussies is also your regular bi-carb soda.
Different Baked Keto Donut Varieties
We all like our donuts different ways right. I have to say a glazed donut, or iced sugar free donut has a certain appeal to me. So here are just a few ways that you can very simply make this basic low carb donut recipe your own.
Make a simple icing with powdered sweetener, food colour, and water. Here I have sprinkles that do contain sugar and can still be a lower carb option for both you and the kids.
Just omit the sprinkles for a plain iced donut or drizzle with some chocolate and nuts. I use Sukrin Melis for any icing, glaze or frostings.
Or what is better than having a great tasting sugar-free donut recipe? I keto churro recipe! Haha! Yes you can most certainly make keto churros with this batter. However, you do need to make baked keto churros. This batter does not hold together for frying.
Baked Keto Donut Variations
Are you missing an iced donut, a filled donut? Here are just a few keto donuts I have created low carb. These have passed the taste test with quite a few of my friends and family.
- Sue’s Vanilla Surprise Keto Donuts
- Keto Caramel Custard Donut
- LCHF Boston Cream Donut
- Wagon Wheelie Keto Donuts
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Spiced Baked Keto Donut
- Preheat oven 170℃.
- Melt butter 3 minutes / 80℃ / speed 1
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 3 min/dough setting
- Pipe batter into greased donut pan, approximately 3/4 full
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Preheat oven 170℃.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Follow from Step 4 above
- Follow the above steps to shape your donuts, cook and serve