Delicious Keto Bagels make me very happy indeed! If I was to say there was one thing that I truly loved before going keto it was bagels. This recipe is super simple and ready in under 30 minutes!
I couldn’t count how many bagels I have cooked and eaten in my life. In Australia, bagels have been so underrated as a superstar in the bread world. While I miss the chew and smell of a great boiled bagel these keto bagels are pretty damn good.
This keto bagel version is quite simply an adaptation of a fathead dough, with the addition of baking powder and xanthan gum to give the bagel a bit of “bagel” consistency and rise.
Keto Bagel Variations
This keto bagel dough is ridiculously versatile. You can use it from everything to pie crusts, pizzas, bombs, dumplings bagels and hotdogs. As another version, I wrapped the keto bagel dough around a hot dog and baked it, then just topped with sugar free American mustard and tomato sauce. So good, so easy, and so like an old fashioned dog.
You can also top these with my Trader Joe’s “hacked” seasoning, and enjoy with any of your favourite fillings, or just straight up.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Keto Bagel Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ fan/200°C static (400°F). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add cheese and cream cheese to glass bowl and microwave for 2 min/high. Stir until well mixed
- Add baking powder, xanthan, eggs and almond meal. Stir until combined, then add to mixer with dough hook, (or thermo – mixers and knead for 2 minutes). (If no mixer just do this the old fashioned way on the work bench)
- Roll into 8 balls (mine weighed 95g each). Roll ball out into a sausage that is just long enough to roll around the palm of your hand.
- Wrap around the palm of your hand with the ends in your palm, squeeze the 2 ends together, and slightly roll bagel with a flattened palm on a flat surface. This will seal the ends. Repeat. Baste bagels with cold water and dunk the top into the seasoning, and place bagels, seasoning side up onto a baking tray. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve.