This Low Carb Flatbread recipe is sponsored by Atkins AU.
Using the Atkins Bread mix available in most supermarkets you can create the most amazing recipes. Both low in carbs and high in protein this recipe I am sure will be a new favourite for you and the whole family.
If you have ever tried a seasoned fougasse bread you are going to love this bread recipe. It is so easy!
Watch Me Make It
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Low carb – the low carb flatbread is so easy to make. It is perfect for low carb lunches, a cheese platter and entertaining.
Everyday ingredients – the bread mix is found in most supermarkets and online.
Quick and easy – so simple to make. The oven does most of the work for you. From preparation to table, it takes less than 1 hour.
Thermomix friendly – make this keto flatbread recipe in the Thermomix, Magimix or food processor in no time and with easy cleanup.
The Atkins Bead mix is a great bread substitute for keto and I have really enjoyed testing it in recipes. I am sure you will love our fougasse style keto bread recipe. If you know me then you know I love to create great keto bread recipes. This low carb bread recipe is no exception.
Keep reading for more details on the ingredients, substitutes and step by step instructions on how to make our delicious low carb bread.
The Atkins Bread mix only requires warm water for it to be made as per the package instructions. This low carb focaccia style flatbread uses just a few more ingredients to make it incredibly delicious. You will need;
Atkins Bread Mix – available in most supermarkets. The bread mix is a seedy mix using flour that is low carb, high in protein and fibre. It is suitable for the Atkins Diet and for low carb recipes. It does contain wheat gluten and is not suited to a gluten-free diet.
Avocado Oil – I use avocado oil for most of my keto recipes. You can however use any oil you prefer. Extra-virgin olive oil would be a great alternative.
Ranch Seasoning – I use my simple homemade Ranch Seasoning recipe to make my own. However, any storebought ranch seasoning can be used. Alternatively, use any seasoning you prefer. Italian Seasoning is also very delicious!
Seasoning – I like to use fresh rosemary, lime zest and chilli flakes. Use what you love the most but these together are amazing. Another great alternative is Tajin seasoning.
How To Make It
Step 1. Add the mix, yeast and water to the mixer.
Insert the dough hook attachment and knead for 5 minutes. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
Step 2. Transfer the dough to a workbench or silicone mat. Gently knead the dough to expel some of the air. Divide the dough into quarters and roll into balls.
Step 3. Roll each dough ball into a large oval shape about 10-15 mm thick.
Using a dough scraper or knife cut a slit through the centre, careful to not go all the way to the ends of the dough. Cut 3-4 slits on either side of the centre cut creating “leaf veins”.
Gently stretch open each of the slits. Place the flatbread onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with each quarter. Cover and leave in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
Step 4. Brush the bread with avocado oil and season well with ranch, rosemary, lime zest and chilli flakes. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Step 5. Bake the bread for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
Leave to cool on baking trays. Serve with your favourite dip, soup or stew.
Recipes To Serve With
- Best Ever Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball – perfect for Christmas or entertaining with friends.
- Chile Con Queso Dip – perfect for both a dip or serve on top of a baked casserole, or your favourite Mexican dishes.
- Keto Bacon Ranch Dip – a delicious hot keto dip recipe that the whole family will love.
- Easy Keto Guacamole – the ultimate gauacamole recipe.
- Almond Keto Hummus – keto hummus is such a good thing!
If you are after more keto low carb recipes for flatbread I have a few great recipes to try.
FAQs and Hot Tips
You can use our Low Carb Bread recipe for the dough if preferred.
No it isn’t. It contains low carb, high protein wheat flour.
You can freeze both the bread unbaked and baked. If you freeze the dough after mixing you will need to defrost and place into a warm place for an hour before baking.
Yes, you can! There is instructions on the packet for you. It suggests to use a 500g weight for a multigrain loaf.
Yes, you can. Sieve the mix to remove some of the seeds or alternatively quickly mill the mixture in a high speed blender to reduce the seeds a little.
Love Our Keto Recipes?
I hope you love our Low Carb Flatbread recipe as much as we do! If you do, then please rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave us a review to help others know that this is a recipe worth trying. Get all the new recipes as soon as they are published when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff on Pinterest and YouTube.
Low Carb Flatbread
- Stand mixer
- 1 pack Atkins Bread Mix
- 290 ml warm water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons Ranch Seasoning click for recipe
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest finely grated
- Pinch chilli flakes to taste
- Place the bread mix, yeast sachet and warm water into a mixer bowl. Mix with dough hook for 5 minutes. Cover the dough with a silicone mat or towel and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough to workbench or silicone mat. Gently knead the dough to expel some of the air. Divide the dough into quarters and shape each quarter into a ball.
- Cover a ball of dough with a large sheet of baking paper and press down. Using a rolling pin roll out into a large oval shape about 10-15 mm thick. Using a dough scraper or knife cut a slit through the centre, careful to not go all the way to the ends of the dough. Cut 3-4 slits on either side of the centre cut creating "leaf veins". Gently stretch open each of the slits. Place the flatbread onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with each quarter. Cover and leave in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Brush the bread with avocado oil and season well with ranch, rosemary, lime zest and chilli flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Bake the bread for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden. Leave to cool on baking trays. Serve with your favourite dip, soup or stew.
- Place the bread mix, yeast sachet and warm water into the mixer, mix dough setting/5 min. Leave in the mixer covered for 1 hour.
Your Own Notes
Megan Ellam is an Australian keto recipes blogger and author of amazing keto cookbooks such as Slow Cook Keto, Keto Loco, The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook and Every Day Keto.
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017.
I am always on the hunt for really good low carb bread. This looks amazing! Thanks!
I love how easy this is to make! So healthy too!
This was really amazing! Everyone at my house loved it!
This low carb flatbread was amazing! It’s the perfect keto flatbread!
Thanks Nart. Great to hear you enjoyed making it.
Such a great recipe for bread! Thank you!
You’re welcome Addie.
This bread is perfect for my diet. It looks delicious and looks so easy to make.
I am so excited to make this. Thank you!
I hope you enjoy it Amy.
I have not seen this Atkins mix before so I am going to be looking for it. I love how easy this recipe is and the added herbs. This is perfect for our soup and salad nights.
It is so good for soups as it really holds up. You could also toast it in the oven for great croutons.