These lemon pepper wings are the best crowd pleaser recipe! Family-friendly, perfect for entertaining, lunch or a super-easy dinner! This chicken wings recipe is sugar-free and low carb keto friendly too!
Serve them with light low carb beer or a virgin sparkling Ginger Elixir. Yummo!
This recipe is sponsored by Atkins AU.
Using the Atkins Crispbread available in most supermarkets you can create the most amazing recipes. These crispy chicken wings are perfect for those of us who love easy recipes we can just throw together. If you love the Atkins products then you might also like my keto salmon patties recipe made with the same Atkins Crispbread.
Related recipes Creamy Whole Egg Vanilla Protein Ice Cream / Salted Caramel Keto Ice Cream Bars
Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
I am a HUGE chicken wing fan. And I am now an even bigger fan since I got an air fryer! Oh wow! How easy it is to cook the crispiest chicken wings in the air fryer!
I know how everyone loves trendy new kitchen appliances so we have included how to cook these keto chicken wings in the air fryer or bake them. For our thermie-lovers I have also added how to cook lemon butter sauce in the Thermomix too.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple & quick: ketogenic chicken recipes are super popular. These air fryer keto wings are so quick and easy. I am sure you will love them as an effortless low carb meal.
- These air fryer chicken wings are naturally keto-friendly and low carb. No adjustments needed!
- Thermomix friendly – make in the Thermomix, Magimix or any food processor in no time and with easy cleanup.
- The Atkins Crispbread is a great crumbing substitute for keto and I have really enjoyed testing it in recipes.
Chicken Wings – I use fresh wings that I cut into wingettes and drumettes. Keep the wing tips for stock (or the doggo – Stormy loves a wingtip or two). You can use frozen wings just extend the baking time.
Atkins Crispbread – I use the Atkins Crispbread as an alternative for breadcrumbs. They are low carb and a little goes a long way in this recipe. For a gluten-free option see the recipe card notes.
Brown sweetener -I use Sukrin Gold sweetener. It is so much like regular brown sugar but without all the carbs. You can use a white sweetener or leave it out completely. I do find the brown sweetener gives it a delicate sweetness and slightly caramelises the sauce.
Keto Baking Powder – a quality double acting baking powder is the holy grail of keto chicken wings cornstarch. We all know that cornstarch is off the menu as it is high in carbs. The best keto crispy chicken wings recipe always has some baking powder in it to make the wings super crispy. I use Bobs Red Mill brand. It isn’t bitter tasting and works great for low carb wings and keto baking.
Making Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Combine the crushed crispbread, baking powder and salt flakes in a bag or large bowl. Toss chicken wings in the seasoning to evenly coat.
Step 2: Preheat the air fryer to 200°C. Place the wings in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes turning halfway through cooking. Cook until golden and crispy.
Step 3: Meanwhile to make the sauce; place all the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cooked chicken wings to the sauce. Turn to coat and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. You can reheat chicken wings in a preheated oven or air fryer at 170°C for 2-3 minutes.
- Want gluten-free crispy wings? Dip the chicken wings into almond meal, whey protein isolate, pork rinds or shredded parmesan before baking or frying.
- For oven baked wings, bake on baking sheet at 200-220°C for 25-35 minutes total time or until crispy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. It is always best to freeze individual foods like chicken wings on a tray first. You do this so they don’t all clump together. This way when you want to defrost and reheat you can just take what you need from the freezer.
Yes, you can. I have added steps for keto air fryer chicken wings.
I love a good sauce like ranch dressing or Blue Cheese Sauce. A tasty salad like Keto Tabbouleh, Keto Coleslaw and Roasted Pumpkin Salad or all perfect with chicken wings.
Bread is always great to break the rich sauce and fat. Our Keto Wraps, Low Carb Flatbread or Keto Tortillas.
Choose any preferred cut for a crispy low carb chicken treat. This would work perfectly with tenderloins too! I think this is a must try for me!
More Recipes to Try
Here are just a few more air fryer recipes you might love. We have loads of keto chicken recipes if you are looking for more inspiration.
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Keto Salmon Patties
- Keto Onion Rings | Cooked 3 Ways
- Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce this is the perfect keto wing sauce.
- Keto Popcorn Chicken cooked 2 ways
- Keto Buffalo Blue Cheese Dressing – blue cheese dressing is always perfect with Buffalo wings, oven baked wings or just about any chicken wing recipe I know of.
- Easy Chicken Smoker Rub is a great seasoning substitute for keto Nashville spicy chicken.
Whether you have just started the keto diet or have been in it for the long haul you will always find loads of keto recipes on the Mad Creations Hub. We are more than just a keto recipe site though. You will find loads of recipes suited to a gluten free diet, low carb recipes, air fryer recipes, crockpot recipes and more.
RAVING NEW FAN? Subscribe to our newsletter. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff and easy keto recipes on Pinterest.
Keto Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 0.5 cup crushed Atkins Crispbreads see notes, approx. 5-6 crispbreads
- 1 tablespoon baking powder see notes
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning I use sugar-free Goya brand, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 0.5 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 kg chicken wings cut into wingettes and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Lemon wedges to serve
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
- 0.5 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sweetener
- 1/4 cup chicken broth chicken stock or water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced, optional
- Combine the crushed crispbread, baking powder, lemon pepper (if using), salt and pepper in a bag or large bowl. Toss chicken wings in the seasoning to evenly coat. Use either of the cooking methods below.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce; place all the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the cooked chicken wings to the sauce. Turn to coat and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- PREHEAT oven to 210°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a single layer of wings onto the prepared tray. Bake 25-30 minutes, turning half way, or until wings are golden and crispy.
TO AIR FRY
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C. Place the wings in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes turning halfway through cooking. Cook until golden and crispy.
- Prepare and bake the chicken as above.
- To make the sauce; place all sauce ingredients into mixer; cook 5 min/110°C/speed 1. Pour into a mixing bowl. Add the cooked chicken wings to the sauce. Turn to coat and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Your Own Notes
Megan Ellam is an Australian keto recipes blogger and author of amazing keto cookbooks such as Keto Mojo, Slow Cook Keto, Keto Loco, The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook and Every Day Keto.
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017.
I love lemon pepper wings! I always order at a restaurant, but I have never made at home. Excited to give this recipe a try!
I hope you love them Liz
I’m always looking for new ideas for chicken wings. I so appreciate the tips for substitution for the crispbread – I’m definitely going to try them that way, thanks.
Super delicious 😋 five stars! Thanks Megan 😋😋😋
LOVE these lemon pepper wings, tangy with a kick. Making in the air fryer makes my life so much easier.
Thanks for trying them Julia
I just made this using chicken tenders and coconut flour since the Atkins Crisp Bread is not available in my area. YUM!! And that sauce is to die for! I will definitely keep this dish on the menu!
Good to hear you improvised Monica (and enjoyed them). Thanks for giving the recipe a go.
This is a great low-carb alternative! The wings look very crispy and deliciously tasty!
This is the perfect recipe for game day food the whole crowd will love. There were NONE left! I think someone licked the platter too! Thanks so much!
That is so good to hear Sara!
Lemon pepper wings, yum! Thanks for sharing how to make in the air fryer! I am excited to give this recipe a try!
Enjoy them Liz!
This is the perfect appetizer and I cant wait to try these out! They look so crispy and delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
You are very welcome Ramona
Lemon and chicken is my most loved combo. Lovely recipe and beautiful presentation. Will try this soon.
I hope you love it Aditi