Why We Love This Recipe
I have always been a wrap fan. Salad wraps, chicken kebabs, burritos you name it. These keto wraps are so good and can of course be used as a keto tortilla. I cannot believe I never thought to do this before.
Versatile – these low carb wraps can be used for burritos, sandwiches, toasties, enchiladas, soft tacos and so much more!
Low carb – these are very low carb wraps at only 1g net carbs per serve.
Everyday ingredients – Made with easy ingredients found in most supermarkets. You are even likely to have all the ingredients at home right now.
Quick and easy – ready in under 30 minutes! That is always a win in my mind.
Keep reading for more details on the ingredients, substitutes and step by step instructions on how to make them.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the amount of each ingredient needed to make these keto wraps.
Let me start by saying the image is for double the recipe below. Even though there is only two of us in my household I always make at least double this recipe.
Mozzarella – I just buy the cheapest mozzarella (already shredded) from the supermarket. For me that is either Coles or Woolworths brand.
Baking powder – I always use and recommend double-acting baking powder. It helps to start a reaction in the dough when wet and then when heated.
Xanthan gum – essential to this mixture as it helps make the wraps nice and pliable.
Eggs – use room temperature (for no eggy taste) free-range fresh eggs. I always use the large ones.
Almond Meal or almond flour – either meal or flour works just fine in these fathead wraps.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Melt the cheese and cream cheese. Mix to combine.
Step 2. Add the eggs and baking powder. Mix until light and fluffy.
Step 3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
Step 4. Work the dough in the bowl until it is evenly combined and no longer sticky.
Step 5. Cut the dough into three even pieces. Place one piece of dough between two sheets of baking paper on a silicone mat (to help reduce sliding around). Roll out the dough into a large round until approximately 2 mm thick. Using a salad plate or 16cm cake ring cut the wraps into shape. Reroll and retrim as needed (see video). Add any trimmings back to the remaining dough. Repeat until you have 6 wraps.
Step 6. Cook the wraps on a hot, dry pan, 20-30 seconds each side until lightly cooked. Transfer to a clean towel and wrap to keep warm and soft. Repeat with the wraps.
How to Make Wraps in Your Thermomix
To make low carb wraps with a Thermomix simply follow the steps below.
Step 1. Place the cheese and cream cheese into the mixer; chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl; heat 3 min/90°C/speed 3.
Step 2. Add the egg and baking powder; mix 15 sec/speed 3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Step 3. Add the remaining ingredients; mix 30 sec/speed 3. Then knead on dough setting/2 min. Transfer the dough to a silicone mat. Prepare the wraps and cook with the same conventional method.
There are only 1g net carbs in these low carb fathead wraps. There are some others on the market like Mission Low Carb Wraps that are much higher in carbs and use gluten flour. I do, however, have some clean keto wraps available to purchase in a premix pack. These are available direct from the distributor Keto Eats.
The uncooked dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week in a ziplock bag. Cooked wraps can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or kept in the freezer in a ziplock bag.
These wraps might work with vegan cheese but I have not tried them but you can use our awesome dairy-free keto tortillas recipes
You can make this keto wrap recipe nut-free with a small modification. You will need to add another egg and substitute the almond meal for 1/3 cup coconut flour. We also have our Nonut nut-free wraps available in a pantry range premix.
Did you work the dough in the bowl before removing it to knead? See the video.
What to Fill Them With
More Keto Recipes to Try
How good are these keto low carb wraps? If you think they are worthy, rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave us a review to help others know that this is a recipe worth trying. You can also find more amazing keto bread recipes right here too.
Get all the new recipes as soon as they are published when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Easy Keto Wraps
- Place the cheese and cream cheese into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes (or heat gently over a double boiler).
- When the cheese has melted, working quickly, add the egg and baking powder. The mixture should be thick and foamy. Fold through the remaining ingredients and mix until evenly combined and no longer sticky. Transfer the dough to a silicone mat.
- Cut the dough into three even pieces. Place one piece of dough between two sheets of baking paper on a silicone mat (to help reduce sliding around). Roll out the dough into a large round until approximately 2 mm thick. Using a salad plate or 16cm cake ring cut the wraps into shape. Reroll and retrim as needed (see video). Add any trimmings back to the remaining dough. Repeat until you have 6 wraps.
- Cook on a hot, dry pan, 20-30 seconds each side until lightly cooked. Transfer to a clean towel and wrap to keep warm and soft. Repeat with the wraps.
- Place the cheese and cream cheese into the mixer; chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl; heat 3 min/90°C/speed 3.
- Add the egg and baking powder; mix 15 sec/speed 3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix 30 sec/speed 3. Then knead on dough setting/2 min. Transfer the dough to a silicone mat. Follow from step 2 in the conventional method.
- Serving Tips: Our keto wraps are ready to be transformed into delectable dishes. From savory to sweet, these wraps can accommodate a variety of fillings for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks.
- Storage Hacks: Allow the wraps to cool completely before storing. Place parchment paper between each wrap to prevent sticking. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for short-term storage, or freeze for prolonged freshness. Cooked wraps can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer in a ziplock bag.
- Reheating: To heat or soften wraps; heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Alternatively, to reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 160°C/375°F. Place them in wraps foil and enclose. Place into the oven and reheat.
- Grilled Chicken Caesar: Load up with grilled chicken, crisp romaine lettuce, grated Parmesan, and a drizzle of Caesar dressing for a classic delight.
- Veggie Crunch: Embrace the goodness of avocado, cucumber, bell peppers, spinach, and a dollop of your favorite keto-friendly spread.
- Spicy Tuna Fusion: Mix canned tuna with a hint of hot sauce, and layer it with sliced avocado and sprouts for a zesty kick.
- Eggcellent Breakfast: Scramble eggs with sautéed spinach and feta cheese, transforming your wrap into a delicious morning feast.
- Perfect Chicken or Turkey Bacon Ranch: fill the wraps with crispy lettuce, grilled bacon, sliced turkey, or keto friendly chicken tenders, and loads of Ranch Dressing.
Your Own Notes
Megan Ellam is an Australian keto recipes blogger living in Thornton, NSW. She is the author of amazing keto cookbooks such as Slow Cook Keto, Keto Loco, The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook and Every Day Keto.
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017. After a long cooking career Megan simply swapped her “foodie focus” to easy keto recipes. Her keto Australian recipes all include both metric and US customary measures so that everyone can enjoy them.
65 responses to “Easy Keto Wraps Only 1g Net Carbs”
Keto wraps are such a perfect recipe for a keto diet! The flavors and texture were awesome, thanks! 😀
This us a great recipe, and love that you made the wraps from scratch then grilled them. Nice grill marks. Your filling looks scrumptious, and I know what I want for lunch tomorrow!😛🤩❤️👌
I really needed this recipe! We’ve been eating the same ole things for lunch and we wanted a nutritious change. This is it!! I made the wraps yesterday and the family love them. They asked that I make them again this week.
Just made a batch and these wraps are so good! Love the little hits of cheese I get.
Love how healthy and delicious these wraps are. I can’t wait to try this for my family. Thanks for sharing
I absolutely LOVE the way you prepped and styled these. This recipe is going to be fun to make. So cool.I watched your video all the way through as well as it was so useful. That burner is lovely!
Oh my goodness, just made these and they are DELICIOUS. Mini pizzas for dinner tonight! Thank you so much for the recipe.
This is a recipe sure to make so many people I know happy especially with so many options to make your wraps personalized with the fillings you love!
These were so tasty! We made them for lunch today and just loved them. We’ll be making them again soon!
These are perfect for wraps on the go! I like them with turkey and veggies.
So easy to make especially in the Thermomix. They also do well in a pie maker or sliced and cooked until crispy with dip. I have some rolled and in the freezer ready to go!
Oh yum! These wraps are delicious and so easy to make
This is absolutely delicious! I want more!
The step by step is really helpful, and these are delicious!
It’s hard to find a good low carb wrap, so this is perfect for me. Taco night is back on the menu!
Wow, those tortillas do look fantastic. I need to try them. Tacos are my favorite thing, so definitely, I am inspired to cook these wraps at home.
I’m always looking for more easy keto lunches and this was perfect!
Interesting and looks pretty simple too!
These wraps are delicious and so easy to make.
They taste like a real carb loaded wrap but it only has 1g net carbs. We have enjoyed chilli beef in them and even a breakfast wrap the next morning with bacon and eggs.
These also make a great easy lunch with whatever is leftover in the fridge.
Thanks for such a versatile wrap recipe.
These wraps are so easy to make in the thermie, and are the only non-grain wrap I have made that actually works. They taste amazing and are so versatile. Really yummy as a cheese toastie too.