My Keto Sweet and Sour Pork recipe is the total bomb! I have a feeling this very simple sweet and sour recipe will very quickly become a firm favourite in many households.
I am working on a lot of new recipes at the moment I have to say that Asian ketogenic recipes are high on my list. Why? Because it is simply what I want to eat. haha! The best way to get recipes for the site is to listen to my inner foodie asking for different cuisines.
Prior to going keto Sweet and Sour Pork was a favourite whenever I got takeout Chinese. Sticky flavoursome and tender pork was always a winner in my opinion. So I definitely had to come up with an easy sweet and sour recipe that fits in with my low carb lifestyle.
How To Make It
Step 1. The only part of this recipe that takes any real time is marinating the pork. Choose to marinate just for an hour or overnight the choice is yours. The longer you marinate the more flavoursome the pork.
Step 2. After the pork has marinated toss each piece of pork in the coating and place into hot oil and deep fry. Work in batches so that you don’t over-crowd the pan. Try not to sample too much while frying. haha!
Step 3. While the pork is draining on some paper towel whip up the very delicious and easy Sugar Free Sweet and Sour Sauce. Toss the pork in the sauce and serve.
This is a very filling meal, so don’t be surprised if you can’t finish a serve. This has to be the best keto sweet and sour pork recipe ever. What’s better is the whole family can enjoy this sugar free sweet and sour pork. Honestly, I doubt they will notice a difference.
A totally delicious Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork recipe without pineapple or cornstarch and it is perfect. I can honestly say I never feel like I am missing out on the ketogenic diet. I simply just recreate any of my old favourites with ingredients that are lower in carbohydrates and do not contain sugar. #easy
More Recipes To Try
For more easy keto recipes check out some of my favourites below. You will find loads of easy keto recipes right here.
- Keto Sichuan Beef and Broccoli
- Chicken Pad See Ew
- Easy Duck Stir Fry
- Saffron Chicken Korma
- Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs + Sugar-Free
RAVING NEW FAN? Subscribe to our newsletter. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff and easy keto recipes on Pinterest.
Keto Sweet and Sour Pork
- Coconut oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup whey protein isolate
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 batch Sugar Free Sweet and Sour Sauce click link for recipe
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice, or ginger paste
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 500 g pork scotch cut into 3 cm cubes
- Cauliflower rice, to serve
- 1 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Combine five-spice, soy sauce, ginger juice, and egg in a non-reactive bowl. Add the pork and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Combine the flours in a bowl. Dust the pork with flour and fry in batches until lightly golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- In a separate pan, heat the sweet and sour sauce.
- Toss pork in sauce and serve with cauliflower rice, fresh spring onions and sesame seeds.
Leave a Reply