White Chocolate Keto Snickers Bar – sugar free
A white chocolate keto Snickers bar recipe? Of course, I had to go there…
Let me tell you though this keto snickers not only resulted with blood spilled but also me passing out after only barely making it up the stairs before I collapsed.
Well, it wasn’t from a sweet rush or the flavour, but I have a big tip. When you coat this in chocolate and let it set, don’t do it on a plate, and don’t try and prize the bars off said plate with a steak knife… you may just stab yourself!
Anyway, stupid injuries aside this is a great recipe for a delicious keto protein bar.
Keto Snickers Bar Ingredients
Aside from the Sukrin products, here are the ingredients I have used in the keto Snickers bar and their possible substitutes.
Sugar Free White Chocolate. I use Vitawerx, but I do know there are a couple of other brands. Just as an FYI please read the labels on sugar free products. Unfortunately, many of the products on the market do contain nasties like maltitol that can have adverse effects to blood glucose and ketones.
Whey Protein Isolate. I use Isopure. Whey protein isolate (WPI) is different than whey protein powder or concentrate. It is higher in protein and lower in fat. It’s results in baking and in these bars is better than a concentrate. If you do substitute with other powders or plant-based isolates the texture of the nougat may be affected, and the macros will be different.
Coconut Oil – I use MCT oil. You can use any coconut oil in liquid form.
Sukrin Products in Australia
If you are familiar with how I do my caramel and protein bars, then you will know that this is yet another Sukrin product recipe.
I like using these products as the end result is amazing and they are so easy to convert a standard recipe to keto.
It is funny that once upon I time, I had members telling me I should become the supplier when it left Australia, and I was like yeah…nah! Damn I should have! It has so many great applications in both sweet and savoury recipes.
Anyway, at this stage NO, there is no substitute for the Sukrin syrups in Australia, so don’t ask as you will need to buy from the one only supplier in Australia.
I have included the links within the recipe. For those of you around the rest of the world seek your local supplier or substitute Vitafibre (the only other product I believe will have similar results).
To get the perfect caramel please watch the “steamy” video below to see when it is at its best “plop” stage.
Love our Keto Snickers Bar and Want MORE!
Here are just a few of our low carb protein bars that you might enjoy as well.
- Sugar Free Keto From – Mars Bar recipe
- Keto Caramel Nut Chew Bar | Sugar Free
- Walnut Cinnamon Bun Keto Protein Bars
- Keto Protein Bars – Vanilla nougat
- Sugar Free Jupiter Bar | Keto Candy
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Join us on social media today and make some new friends.
Instagram is a great place if you want to see a regular stream of what I am up to in the kitchen, plus a few easy recipes that I put on there instead of the website.
Or use the link below to find out more about our Keto Club, The 365 and all the meal plans and eBooks included!
White Chocolate Keto Snickers Bar
- 60 g almonds roughly chopped
White Chocolate Nougat
- I use a silicone large icecube tray would be perfect for 32 x 4cm mars bites.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Lightly toast chopped almonds until lightly golden. Reserve.
- Place cgold syrup and white chocolate in large pyrex bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine and melt chocolate.
- Add whey protein isolate and MCT oil and mix until combined. With a gloved hand massage mix until it is no longer grainy.
- Spoon or break off pieces and push into moulds (will make 32 x 4cm moulds)
- Place all the caramel ingredients into a large pyrex bowl. Heat on high for 3 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave. Stir mixture and return to microwave. Cook for a further 2-3 minute intervals until mixture looks very bubbly when you take out and when stir becomes thicker and more viscose. At this point you will definitely smell a caramel scent.
- Carefully spoon the hot caramel into your moulds and top with toasted almonds.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil and thinly coat each snickers bar. Place onto piece of baking paper. Allow to set before cutting into bars.
Love keto cookbooks or looking for keto meal plans? Check out our store today!