The whole family will love these keto salmon patties. They are so fresh, simple and delicious.
If you have tried and love our fresh Fish Cakes recipe then you will be a loyal fan of this salmon patties recipe too.
This recipe is sponsored by Atkins AU.
Using the Atkins Crispbread available in most supermarkets, you can create the most amazing recipes. Low in carbs and high in protein they are perfect for the low carb lifestyle.
These salmon cakes are great for those of us who love easy keto recipes that have everyday ingredients. If you love Atkins products, then you might also like my Keto Flatbread made with the Atkins Bread Mix.
Old Fashioned Salmon Patties – Revamped
I can’t tell you how many salmon patties I made back in my cafe days. But, one thing I will say is this recipe is light years better. You can make these with fresh salmon, red or pink canned salmon or any kind of fish you prefer.
I know how everyone loves trendy new kitchen appliances so we have included how to cook salmon patties in the air fryer, bake them, fry them, or even how to mix them up in your Thermomix.
Related recipes: Easy Salmon Stir Fry / Keto Fish Cakes
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple & healthy: ketogenic salmon recipes are super popular. There are loads of claimed health benefits of salmon, so getting more in your diet is a good thing. Plus, these salmon cakes are quick and easy to make.
- It’s salmon: Salmon is a healthy oily fish with loads of nutrients.
- This salmon dish is naturally keto-friendly and low carb No adjustments needed!
- Thermomix friendly – make in the Thermomix, Magimix or any food processor in no time and with easy cleanup.
- The Atkins Crispbread is a great crumbing substitute for keto and I have really enjoyed testing it in recipes.
Salmon – I used canned salmon for these salmon cakes. You can use any kind of salmon fresh, hot smoked or raw de-boned salmon. Alternatively, use any fish you prefer.
Atkins Crispbread – I use the crispbread to help give a great texture to the salmon patties. They are low carb and a little goes a long way in this recipe. Atkins Crispbread can be used as a filler or a low carb breadcrumb option. For a gluten-free option see the recipe card notes.
Mayonnaise – I use my own homemade mayonnaise. Ranch dressing is also perfect for this recipe.
How to Make Them
Step 1: Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl or food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together and shape into four large patties.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the salmon patties onto it. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and warmed through.
How to cook salmon patties in an air fryer. Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/390°F. Place the salmon patties onto a lined basket or lightly spray the basket or patties (top and bottom) so they do not stick. Bake for 8 minutes (see notes).
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. You can reheat the salmon patties in a preheated oven or air fryer at 170°C for 5 minutes.
- Want crispy crumbed salmon patties? Dip the salmon patties into extra crushed Atkins Crispbreads, pork rinds or shredded parmesan before baking or frying.
- Serve salmon patties with your favourite sauces or dressings. I love mine with tartare sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
The temperature used during smoking is the only difference between the two. Cold smoking is done below 30°C and hot smoked salmon is above 48°C. You will note that cold smoked salmon is smooth and silky and hot smoked salmon is pale and flaky in texture.
Regular salmon patties have fillers and breadcrumbs so are high in carbs. However, this salmon patties recipe has only 1g net carbs per salmon cake.
I love a good sauce like ranch dressing or on a keto wrap or on a keto tortilla. They also pair well with a simple salad or guacamole.
Here are just a few more air fryer recipes you might love. I will try and more delicious salmon recipes onto the website over the coming months too.
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Keto Onion Rings | Cooked 3 Ways
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Keto Popcorn Chicken cooked 2 ways
RAVING NEW FAN? Subscribe to our newsletter. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff on Pinterest.
Keto Salmon Patties
- 400 g red salmon tinned or hot smoked, see notes
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- Zest of half a lemon finely grated
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley and dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 0.25 cup crushed Atkins Crispbread (approximately 3 crispbread) see notes
- Salt flakes and black pepper
- Optional oil or oil spray for frying
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl. Season to taste and mix to combine. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F. Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Place the patties onto the tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until golden and cooked through.
TO AIR FRY
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C/390°F. Place the patties into a lined basket or lightly spray the patties (top and bottom) with oil so they don’t stick to the basket (see notes).
- Bake for 8 minutes. See notes.
- Place all the ingredients into the mixer and season to taste; mix 15 sec/speed 6.
- Cook using either of the methods above.
Your Own Notes
Megan Ellam is an Australian keto recipes blogger and author of amazing keto cookbooks such as Keto Mojo, Slow Cook Keto, Keto Loco, The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook and Every Day Keto.
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017.
Leave a Reply