The whole family will love these keto salmon patties. They are so fresh, simple and delicious.
If you have tried and love our fresh Fish Cakes recipe then you will be a loyal fan of this salmon patties recipe too.
This recipe is sponsored by Atkins AU.
Using the Atkins Crispbread available in most supermarkets, you can create the most amazing recipes. Low in carbs and high in protein they are perfect for the low carb lifestyle.
These salmon cakes are great for those of us who love easy keto recipes that have everyday ingredients. If you love Atkins products, then you might also like my Keto Flatbread made with the Atkins Bread Mix.
Old Fashioned Salmon Patties – Revamped
I can’t tell you how many salmon patties I made back in my cafe days. But, one thing I will say is this recipe is light years better. You can make these with fresh salmon, red or pink canned salmon or any kind of fish you prefer.
I know how everyone loves trendy new kitchen appliances so we have included how to cook salmon patties in the air fryer, bake them, fry them, or even how to mix them up in your Thermomix.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple & healthy: ketogenic salmon recipes are super popular. There are loads of claimed health benefits of salmon, so getting more in your diet is a good thing. Plus, these salmon cakes are quick and easy to make.
- It’s salmon: Salmon is a healthy oily fish with loads of nutrients.
- This salmon dish is naturally keto-friendly and low carb No adjustments needed!
- Thermomix friendly – make in the Thermomix, Magimix or any food processor in no time and with easy cleanup.
- The Atkins Crispbread is a great crumbing substitute for keto and I have really enjoyed testing it in recipes.
Salmon – I used canned salmon for these salmon cakes. You can use any kind of salmon fresh, hot smoked or raw de-boned salmon. Alternatively, use any fish you prefer.
Atkins Crispbread – I use the crispbread to help give a great texture to the salmon patties. They are low carb and a little goes a long way in this recipe. Atkins Crispbread can be used as a filler or a low carb breadcrumb option. For a gluten-free option see the recipe card notes.
How to Make Them
Step 1: Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl or food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together and shape into four large patties.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the salmon patties onto it. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and warmed through.
How to cook salmon patties in an air fryer. Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/390°F. Place the salmon patties onto a lined basket or lightly spray the basket or patties (top and bottom) so they do not stick. Bake for 8 minutes (see notes).
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. You can reheat the salmon patties in a preheated oven or air fryer at 170°C for 5 minutes.
- Want crispy crumbed salmon patties? Dip the salmon patties into extra crushed Atkins Crispbreads, pork rinds or shredded parmesan before baking or frying.
- Serve salmon patties with your favourite sauces or dressings. I love mine with tartare sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
The temperature used during smoking is the only difference between the two. Cold smoking is done below 30°C and hot smoked salmon is above 48°C. You will note that cold smoked salmon is smooth and silky and hot smoked salmon is pale and flaky in texture.
Regular salmon patties have fillers and breadcrumbs so are high in carbs. However, this salmon patties recipe has only 1g net carbs per salmon cake.
Keto Salmon Patties
- 400 g red salmon tinned or hot smoked, see notes
- 1 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- Zest of half a lemon finely grated
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley and dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 0.25 cup crushed Atkins Crispbread (approximately 3 crispbread) see notes
- Salt flakes and black pepper
- Optional oil or oil spray for frying
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl. Season to taste and mix to combine. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F. Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Place the patties onto the tray and spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until golden and cooked through.
TO AIR FRY
- Preheat the air fryer to 200°C/390°F. Place the patties into a lined basket or lightly spray the patties (top and bottom) with oil so they don’t stick to the basket (see notes).
- Bake for 8 minutes. See notes.
- Place all the ingredients into the mixer and season to taste; mix 15 sec/speed 6.
- Cook using either of the methods above.
Your Own Notes
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017.
49 responses to “Air fryer Keto Salmon Patties”
This is a very easy, fast and convenient dish. Very flavorful. I used pink salmon from a can and served it with salsa verde and a salad for a quick and easy lunch.
These patties look great! Thanks for the inspiration. I love that they’re keto!
Love these Salmon patties, the color is amazing and I am having this aroma sensation gappening. Nothing like a great salmon patty! Thanks for sharing!
I love salmon patties and these look so good. Such a great idea to use crispbread instead of breadcrumbs. On my to make list!
These are delicious salmon patties! I added some crushed red pepper and air fried them and they came out amazing.
The air fryer makes them extra crispy and delicious! Easy, healthy and delicious!
What a great recipe! Super easy and packed with so much flavor! And I’m loving that it’s on the healthier side too! Definitely, a must make folks!
I just bought some tinned salmon so this recipe came at the perfect time! I am definitely making this tonight, thank you so much for the recipe 😉
I love making salmon patties. This recipe sounds very delicious! Thanks for the share and extra tips!
Love these patties, they are perfect for everyone to enjoy! Definitely worth the 13 minutes they take!
I didn’t know Atkins made a low-carb crisp bread..this recipe is incredible! I LOVE how creative this is!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing salmon patties recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
love that i can use canned salmon for this easy and healthy dish
These salmon patties were delicious and loved making them in the air fryer. Going to make again this weekend. Great recipe.
Loved these salmon patties and they came out perfect in the air fryer. We are making them again this weekend. Great recipe.
We only cook salmon the normal way and these patties are so amazing and tasty!
love these salmon patties – so quick and easy to make but VERY tasty!
We loved these! Reminds me of the salmon parties we used to eat pre keto and so quick and easy.
A great recipe that accommodates adaptations really well. This will feature regularly on the menu at my place! Leftover cooked patties from the fridge make a wonderful high protein snack!
Another great recipe. These fish patties are so quick and easy to make and still so very delicious. Simple and easily found ingredients. You will want to make this over and over.