Keto Roast Beef Sandwich
As I get busier and busier these days I have an even more new found love for easy meals and creating easy recipes. This Keto Roast Beef Sandwich is the perfect example of how sometimes we can use pre-packaged items to make life easier.
Keto and low carb bread recipes and ready made products are growing in popularity and availability. When one of our biggest retailers, Woolworths recently bought out a low carb bread I had to give it a try. Now I am aware that many of you wont consider this as a “keto” bread and yes most of us would prefer to refer to this kind of product as low carb. However “keto” is really referring to a state of ketosis right? So if I eat 2 slices of bread at only 5g net carbs how does this knock me out of a ketosis state?
I keep my keto lifestyle simple. I am happy to consume the odd piece of a wheat based low carb bread, enjoy a glass of wine, or eat a few berries and yoghurt once a week or so. I just stay under 20g of net carbs and stay in ketosis.
KETO ROAST BEEF SANDWICH INGREDIENTS
Woolworths Australia were not the first local supermarket to stock a low carb bread. Aldi has been swamped over the last couple of years for their 85% lower carb bread too. Mixed reviews of Aldi bread has been reported by some to have a short shelf life and tending to mould very quickly. There are avid raving fans and some not so.
Over the past 2.5 years I too have developed many low carb and keto gluten free breads. Namely the Low Carb Loaf, Best Keto Bread and Soul Bread being the most popular on the website. Plus the almost iconic Hemp Share Bread from our eBooks Fresh & Easy Keto and Keto Breads, is so popular and can work for this keto roast beef sandwich, toast, pizza base or just straight up as a delicious gluten free keto bread.
So choose your bread style and enjoy my tasty sandwich using these ingredients
- Bread – For this one I chose Woolworths Macro Linseed & Sunflower Low Carb Loaf
- Shaved Roast Beef – I even just bought this from the deli, what a time saver.
- Maille Hollandaise – again I didn’t make it but hey this is an option for the dirty keto followers as it does contain sunflower oil. Alternatively make your own.
- Cheese of choice – I just used a tasty cheddar
- Dill pickles – Polski Ogorki pickles have no sugar
- Avocado – my personal fave way to get healthy fats while on the keto diet
LOVE A GOOD LOW CARB/KETO SANDWICH?
I am such sandwich lover from way back. In fact I have made quite the few sandwiches in my time in a just a few cafes. Anyway here just a few links of some of tasty meals you can eat between two slices (or buns) of “bread.”
HUNGRY FOR MORE
Keto Roast Beef Sandwich
- 4 slices keto or low carb bread I used Woolworths Linseed & Sunflower Low Carb Bread
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp hollandaise I used Maille
- 300 g roast beef shaved
- 30 g cheese sliced or shredded
- 2 dill pickles sliced
- For each sandwich spread one slice of bread with avocado and the other with hollandaise
- Top with roast beef, cheese and pickles. Enjoy the fact it only took a couple of minutes to make lunch