The easiest (and most delicious) iced strawberry tea. This Starbucks copycat keto pink drink will quickly become a firm favourite low carb drink. Steep the tea and enjoy in less than 5 minutes.
What is Keto Pink Drink
It has been a long time between coffees or the pink drink at Starbucks for me. I finally found an easy to source tea that works so well to recreate a true classic.
Starbucks keto pink drink is a blend of berry hibiscus tea, ice, cream or coconut cream and strawberries. Freeze-dried strawberries and sugar free vanilla syrup are sometimes added.
This pink drink recipe is super simple. It has options for a dairy-free pink drink, or using a variety of keto milk. Try it and I am sure you will love it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It’s easy: With only 3 ingredients and ready in less than 5 minutes.
Dairy-free or cream: The choice is yours make it either way and both are delicious!
Make ahead, freeze it, mix it in the cup, shake or make an easy strawberry tea frappe in your Thermomix. The recipe is versatile. You can just mix it or blend it the choice is yours.
Raspberry & Strawberry Tea – I use Red Seal tea. It tastes great in the pink drink. This is readily available in the supermarket in Australia but for our international users or those wanting to order online Tazo Passion Tea is incredibly good too!
Heavy Cream – Heavy or thickened cream is perfect as a little goes a long way. If you prefer to use something like nut milk, hemp mylk, or coconut milk go right ahead. Or of course, if you have a batch of our keto milk recipe made up then use that.
Ice Cubes – makes it all cold and tasty!
Strawberries – I don’t really use them but they are optional. If you would prefer to make a keto smoothie and add some berries to thicken it up, you can. Or you can slice them and add them for some tasty chunky bits in your pink drink.
How to Make Starbucks Pink Drink
Step 1. Steep 2 two bags in half a cup of boiling water. Pour over a cup full of ice.
Step 2. Add the cream or milk. Mix to combine.
Optional Pink Drink Smoothie. Place the steeped tea, ice, and milk of choice (and berries if using) into a blender or Thermomix and mix until smooth.
1. Make in bulk. You can make this ahead of time. Add the ice when ready to serve or freeze in ice cubes and blend in a smoothie.
2. Any of your favourite tea bags can be used. I loved both T2 White Peach and Pumping Pomegranate too.
3. This low carb pink drink recipe is also perfect for low carb oatmeal, chia pudding or even a delicious keto frozen yogurt!
Frequently Asked Questions
I find the pink drink sweet enough. However, if you want to add sweetener then add it to taste. Vanilla extract or sugar free vanilla syrup can also be added.
For a keto version ask for an passion iced tea with heavy cream and strawberries (or freeze dried strawberries). You can also get a pump of sugar free vanilla syrup if preferred.
Just the 1g net carbs for this very basic version. Add berries or more cream or milk and the carbs will go up.
Other Recipes To Try
- Keto Blueberry Almond Smoothie
- Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- Keto Dalgona Coffee
- Keto Egg Fast Shake
- Ginger Elixir Recipe
Or you can check out my amazing Keto Shakes eBook. It has some incredible keto smoothies and shakes. It also includes many variations for all dietary needs.
RAVING NEW FAN? Subscribe to our newsletter. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff on Pinterest.
Keto Pink Drink
- Magimix or mixer of any kind
- 2 Raspberry & Strawberry Tea Bags I use Red Seal brand, see blog post for pictures
- 0.5 cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 0.25 cup heavy cream or keto milk of choice
- Optional sliced strawberries x 3
- Steep the tea bags in half a cup of boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour over ice cubes.
- Add cream or milk and berries if using.
- Stir to combine. Top up with extra milk or ice-cold water if needed.
- Place half a cup of water into the mixer; boil 10 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add the tea bags and leave to steep for 4-5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix 4 sec/reverse/speed 2 OR to make a slushy; mix 30 sec/speed 10. Top up with extra milk or ice-cold water if needed.
- Make in bulk. You can make this ahead of time. Add the ice when ready to serve or freeze in ice cubes and blend in a smoothie.
- Any of your favourite tea bags can be used. I loved both T2 White Peach and Pumping Pomegranate too.
- This low carb pink drink recipe is also perfect for low carb oatmeal, chia pudding or even a delicious keto frozen yogurt!
Your Own Notes
Megan Ellam is an Australian keto recipes blogger and author of amazing keto cookbooks such as Slow Cook Keto, Keto Loco, The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook and Every Day Keto.
Megan has been following a ketogenic diet since being diagnosed with insulin resistance in early 2017.
Leave a Reply