Keto PB&J Mousse ready in 7 minutes
Even when I make lots of tasty recipes sometimes an idea in its reality surpasses the taste test more than you would ever expect. This keto PB&J mousse is off the charts TASTY!
KETO PB&J INGREDIENTS
- 100g raspberries
- 20g chia seeds
PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
- 220g cream cheese
- 20g sweetener, I use powdered Sukrin Melis
- 60g thickened or heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE KETO PB&J MOUSSE
A super simple and quick dessert or treat that can be enjoyed by everyone. A lot of feedback so far is that this sugar free peanut butter mousse should be illegal. It is hard to believe that we can eat this well following the ketogenic diet.
You can just as easily use sugar-free jam that is available in most supermarkets. I tend to use the jam if I have some in the fridge otherwise I make up this super quick chia jam the night before.
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR-FREE JAM
Firstly, heat any low carb berries of choice over medium heat until warm and mushy. Alternatively, just pop in the microwave for a minute or two and then stir through the chia. Pop into the fridge for an hour or overnight and use as preferred.
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR-FREE PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
Using a mixer or stick blender combine all ingredients until light and fluffy.
HOW TO MAKE KETO MOUSSE IN A THERMOMIX
I love how easy the Thermomix® makes whipping up easy meals and desserts and this recipe is no exception.
Simply, add all the ingredients and mix 30 seconds/speed 6. If needed scrape and repeat. Too easy!
Actually you can make your own peanut butter in the Thermomix®. When making peanut butter in the Thermomix just add peanuts (around 400g) to the mixing bowl and mix 10 seconds/speed 4. Scrape and repeat until you achieve your preferred consistency. It is just as simple to make almond butter in the Thermomix or even nut-free butters like a sunflower seeds butter in the Thermomix or similar as well.
CAN I EAT RAW EGGS
In this recipe I have used an egg. If handled hygienically raw egg is safe to eat and you would be surprised as to how many recipes actually contain eggs that have not been cooked.
Here is a great article regarding this and the fact that most people . are consuming foods and condiments regularly containing raw egg as an ingredient.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Keto Peanut Butter PB&J Mousse
- 100 g raspberries or any berry of choice
- 20 g chia seeds
- Add raspberries to bowl and cook in microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Add chia seeds and mix to combine.
- Pour into small bowl refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix all mousse ingredients mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add raspberries to bowl and cook 2 minutes/100℃/speed 1.
- Add chia seeds and mix 30 seconds/speed 6.
- Pour into small bowl and reserve in fridge until needed.
- Mix all mousse ingredients in Thermomix 30 seconds/speed 6.
- Layer mousse and jam in individual bowls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.