Keto Pancakes with Almond Flour and Coconut Flour
Honestly I wanted to make the very best keto pancake recipe that everyone will love and I think I have done it. These gluten free and sugar free pancakes taste so damn good. They hold together really well and are light and fluffy.
When I first started on the keto diet I failed a few attempts at great low carb pancakes or a keto crepe recipe. I finally thought it was time to get this recipe out as I know so many of have asked.
The best thing about pancakes is they are great for a dessert but hey they are a great low carb breakfast option as well. I often get asked for keto breakfast recipes that are not bacon and eggs.
While these pancakes do have eggs in them I promise they are not “eggy”.
keto pancakes with almond flour and coconut flour ingredients
Why did I go both flours? Well to be honest I may have been influenced by testing a pre-packaged product. I loved the consistency of the particular product I tried so I worked to replicate it. Of course I have no idea of the quantities used in the packet but hey this is totally different in other ways.
There is not a strong coconut flavour to these fluffy keto pancakes with almond meal, just yumminess. So if you are okay with a little coconut flour then you will be fine with this recipe.
Almond flour is ideally better when making a keto pancakes recipe as it gives the batter a smoother texture closer to “real” flour.
Bob’s Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder is one of my most favourite ingredients to use with any gluten free baking or gluten free recipes that need to rise. It works to give rise to a dough or batter when it is cold and during the heating process. If using a standard baking powder add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to the mixture as well.
What sweetener to use in a keto pancakes recipe? That is entirely up to you and of course how much you add. Our article Keto Sweeteners the Good and the Bad might help you make a better choice to keep your blood glucose levels stable. In this particular keto pancake mix I chose to use Sukrin Sweetener or Natvia Sweetener. As I do prefer to have the pancakes not too sweet I only add 2 tablespoons of sweetener. You could also substitute coconut sugar for an easy paleo pancakes recipe.
what to serve with keto pancakes
Jeez there are so many ways you can serve your keto pancakes I won’t even attempt to list them all. Here are just a few of my favourites
- Zesty Sugar-free Keto Lemon Curd and toss in a few blueberries
- Natvia Raspberry & Chia Jam (damn that is one of the best store bought sugar free jam)
- Homemade Sugar Free Keto Maple Syrup
- Keto Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Keto PB&J Mousse
creative ways to serve low carb pancakes
There really are not only endless toppings but you can fill, stuff or add more to these keto pancakes with almond flour and coconut flour. Another style of keto pancake that is super popular is a cream cheese keto pancake recipe. As simple as adding in some cream cheese for extra creamy deliciousness.
Or what about a keto granola pancake recipe? Add some keto granola to your pancake mix for a sugar free pancake with crunch! Drizzle over a little sugar free maple syrup and I am in heaven!
Or how about a Keto Pancake Cereal? Make you pancakes super tiny and serve with sugar free maple syrup… damn!
Stuffed keto pancakes? As simple as pouring a little batter into your pan and topping with spoonful of nut butter or lemon curd, blueberries or choc chips and pouring over a little more batter to enclose. Or even melting a large disc of sugar free chocolate into a large disc (or chocolate nut butter) and again layering between your pancake batter. How good do these look?
CONNECT WITH OUR KETO COMMUNITY
We have an extraordinary network of keto members. Join us to share your adventures, have a laugh and motivate and inspire one another!
CHECK OUT OUR BEST SELLERS TODAY
Keto Loco Cookbook (paperback)Product on sale
Egg Fast 2.0 eBook – A Faster Way to Lose Stubborn WeightUSD$16.92
A Christmas Gathering eBookProduct on sale
The Keto Kickstart Meal Plan eBookProduct on sale
The Healthy Family Keto Cookbook (paperback)Product on sale
Fast Keto Meal Plan eBookUSD$20.77
Keto Loco eBookUSD$30.79
Keto Comfort Food eBookProduct on sale
Mini Keto Tracker KitUSD$3.08
Keto Pancakes with Almond Meal and Coconut Flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 85 g Keto Milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup (55g) ghee coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour you can use almond meal but it will be grittier
- 2 tablespoons (20g) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons (30g) sweetener or to taste, I use Sukrin Gold
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- Pinch salt flakes
- Butter or ghee for frying
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Sukrin Gold syrup or sugar-free syrup
- mixed berries
- Gently whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large wide frying pan and add a small amount butter/ghee and swirl in pan to coat. Spoon small rounds of batter into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook other side 30 -60 seconds or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with a clean towel to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve as preferred
- Place oil/butter or ghee into mixer bowl and melt 3 min/90°C/speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Follow from Step 3 above.