Fluffy Keto Pancakes
These gluten-free easy keto pancakes taste so damn good. They hold together really well and are light and fluffy.
The best thing about pancakes is they are great for a dessert but hey they are a great low carb breakfast option as well. I often get asked for keto breakfast recipes that are not bacon and eggs.
While these pancakes do have eggs in them, I promise they are not “eggy”.
Coconut Flour – I promise these pancakes do not taste “coconutty”. The coconut flour helps to lighten and soak up the liquid in the batter.
Almond flour is ideally better when making a keto pancakes recipe as it gives the batter a smoother texture closer to “real” flour. We have loads of delicious and easy almond meal recipes if you are look for more ideas.
Bob’s Red Mill Double Acting Baking Powder is one of my most favourite ingredients to use with any gluten free baking or gluten free recipes that need to rise. It works to give rise to a dough or batter when it is cold and during the heating process. If using a standard baking powder add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to the mixture as well.
What to Serve with Keto Pancakes
Jeez there are so many ways you can serve your keto pancakes I won’t even attempt to list them all. Here are just a few of my favourites
FAQs and Hot Tips
That is entirely up to you and of course how much you add. Our article Keto Sweeteners the Good and the Bad might help you make a better choice to keep your blood glucose levels stable. In this particular keto pancake mix I chose to use Sukrin Sweetener or Natvia Sweetener. As I do prefer to have the pancakes not too sweet I only add 2 tablespoons of sweetener. You could also substitute coconut sugar for an easy paleo pancakes recipe.
Store in the fridge for 3 days. They can be frozen in an airtight bag.
Love Our Recipes
I hope you love our easy keto pancakes as much as I do! If you do, then please rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave us a review to help others know that this is a recipe worth trying. Get all the new recipes as soon as they are published when you subscribe to our newsletter. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff on Pinterest and YouTube.
Keto Pancakes with Almond Meal and Coconut Flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 85 g Keto Milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup (55g) ghee coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour you can use almond meal but it will be grittier
- 2 tablespoons (20g) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons (30g) sweetener or to taste, I use Sukrin Gold
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- Pinch salt flakes
- Butter or ghee for frying
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Sukrin Gold syrup or sugar-free syrup
- mixed berries
- Gently whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large wide frying pan and add a small amount butter/ghee and swirl in pan to coat. Spoon small rounds of batter into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook other side 30 -60 seconds or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with a clean towel to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve as preferred
- Place oil/butter or ghee into mixer bowl and melt 3 min/90°C/speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Follow from Step 3 above.