The Best Keto Pancakes
These gluten-free easy keto pancakes taste so damn good. They hold together really well and are light and fluffy.
The best thing about pancakes is they are great for a dessert but hey they are a great low carb breakfast option as well. I often get asked for keto breakfast recipes that are not bacon and eggs.
While these pancakes do have eggs in them, I promise they are not “eggy”.
Why We Love This Recipe with a Thermomix
- Effortless Mixing: The Thermomix ensures a smooth batter for perfect keto pancakes every time, making blending a breeze.
- Make your own almond flour: Milling almond flour in the Thermomix is a breeze. Simply add whole almonds (or blanched almonds) to the Thermomix bowl, then use the milling function to grind them into a fine, silky almond flour in seconds.
How to Make Keto Pancakes
- Gently whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large wide frying pan. Spoon small rounds of batter into pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook other side 1-20 seconds or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with a clean towel to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve as with sugar-free maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
What to Serve with Keto Pancakes
Jeez there are so many ways you can serve your keto pancakes I won’t even attempt to list them all. Serve your low carb pancakes with Hot Fudge Sauce, Lemon Curd, Chocolate Ice Cream, or top them with store bought sugar free maple syrup, or jam.
Here are just a few of my favourites
- Berries and Cream: Top your keto pancakes with a vibrant medley of fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Add a dollop of whipped cream or a spoonful of thick yogurt for a delightful burst of flavor and a touch of creaminess.
- Savory Delight: Take your pancakes in a savory direction by leaving out the sweetener and adding sautéed spinach, diced avocado, and a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese on top. Drizzle with a dash of olive oil for an elegant and satisfying twist.
- Nutty Goodness: Top with a sugar-free nut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a delightful crunch.
- Chocolate Heaven: Satisfy your sweet tooth with keto-friendly chocolate chip pancakes. Add sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter and let them melt into the pancakes as they cook.
- Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes: Add a 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese to the batter. It will make the donuts thicker and slightly cheesier.
FAQs and Hot Tips
Yes, you can freeze keto pancakes. Place them into a ziplock bag to freeze. Defrost in the fridge overnight.
You can. The mixture might thicken and it may need more keto milk to thin them out. The dry keto pancake mix can also be made in bulk and stored in the pantry.
Next Low Carb Recipes To Try
Here are just a few more delicious keto recipes to try soon.
Easy Fluffy Keto Pancakes
- 4 (4) eggs
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (⅓ cup) Keto Milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup (¼ cup) ghee coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 cup (1 cup) almond flour you can use almond meal but it will be grittier, (120g)
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) sweetener or to taste, I use Lakanto Brown
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- Pinch (Pinch) salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) cinnamon optional
- Gently whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large wide frying pan over medium/low heat. Spoon small rounds of batter into pan. Cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook other side 20-30 seconds or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with a clean towel to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve as preferred
THERMOMIX PANCAKES METHOD
- Place oil/butter or ghee into mixer; melt 3 min/90°C/speed 1.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Preheat a large wide frying pan over medium/low heat. Spoon small rounds of batter into pan. Cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook other side 20-30 seconds or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with a clean towel to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve as preferredel to keep warm whilst cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve as preferred
Your Own Notes
65 responses to “Fluffy Keto Pancakes”
Yummo! I love that this accommodates for my GF diet. I have become a pancake queen in the kitchen and I look forward to making these again! Thanks Megan for your amazing recipes 🙂
Finally I’ve found fluffy keto pancakes that are actually fluffy. I enjoyed these and hubby who doesn’t worry about diet thought they were good too.
My non-cook husband just made these for breakfast – so easy! With fresh berries, yummo. The only downside is that I ate too much (because it’s so delicious), and have maxed my macros out 😅. Thanks Megan for a great recipe 💝
WOW! I surprised everyone with these Keto Pancakes yesterday and they raved about them!
I just bought almond flour, I cannot wait to make this.
I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Thank you! The recipe says 85 g so you may want to correct that. This recipe is our household favorite now!
How much in cups is 85 grams of milk?
How would I adapt this recipe for waffles?
Just made these. AMAZING. left out the sweetener, salt and vanilla (I like to drown in sugar free maple syrup instead).
These were so easy (made in my smoothie maker) and I can’t wait to try them again. Thanks Megan.
Can these be frozen?
These are the best keto pancakes I’ve made – and I’ve made a lot!! Soft and fluffy and held together well when I cooked them. I actually cooked them straight onto a sandwich press and they were perfect!!
Tried a few pancake recipes over time, but have to say this is my favourite now!
Lovely and soft and easy and totally delicious!
Fabulous recipe. Great to keep in the fridge for the weeks breakfast. They cook well and are easy to flip. Yummy tasting too. A real favourite.
So yummy and both toddler and teenager approved.
I made these tonight in my pancake maker. They were amazing, light, fluffy & tasty.
What is your go to almond flour. It is hard to get and looks the same as meal to me but I want fluffy pancakes. Lol
What a great recipe. I can’t wait to try these for breakfast . I love a good pancake and these look amazing 😍😍