Keto Minestrone Soup
This Keto Minestrone Soup was originally created for one of my cookbooks, but because I believe this is one of the most perfect recipes I have decided to release it for free.
When first sent out to the testers I knew I was completely onto a winner when everyone kept testing over and over again. Sadly I was kind of hooked onto it as well. While the soup does have a bit of carrot and tomatoes in it (raising the carbs a little) I ate this soup part of a regular meal plan and lost weight every single week at a good rate. I have included this soup in the meal plan I am creating today for our 365 members, and adding to the site for them is what prompted me to release this recipe to everyone.
The chorizo sausage used in this recipe is the fresh kind, not unlike a normal sausage, but with loads more flavour. Fresh chorizo sausages are available in some supermarkets in the meat section or at specialty butchers.
Fresh chorizo is a very versatile ingredient that has so much flavour packed into it. If you cannot find any fresh stuff, and don’t wish to make your own you can still use the dried variety but you will need to dice it all rather than meatballs.
Originally this recipe was made with a vegetable stock paste but I have swapped it out for broth for a more nourishing soup.
To reduce the carb content of the soup, (7g net carb) you can reduce the vegetable content and increase the meat, however I feel the flavour would change significantly and this soup is that good that personally I don’t want to play with it too much.
I hope you love this recipe for many more like it including this one in hard cover you can purchase the Flavour cookbook in store today with a free shipping option.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 65 g onion diced
- 45 g carrot diced
- 35 g olive oil
- 95 g bacon diced
- 160 g fresh chorizo sausages remove from casing into small meat balls
- 60 g mushroom sliced
- 80 g zucchini diced
- 30 g green capsicum diced
- 110 g chicken broth
- 400 g tomatoes fresh or tinned
- 80 g tomato paste
- 750 g water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 30 g olive oil
- 80 g diced bacon
- 80 g fresh chorizo
- grated cheese
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the oil, onion, carrot, bacon into Thermomix bowl
- Cook 10 minutes / Varoma / reverse soft
- Add the rest of the ingredients for soup
- Cook 20 minutes / 120℃ / reverse stir
- While soup is finishing off, fry off extra diced bacon and chorizo sausage meatballs.
- Serve soup with extra bacon and sausage and a sprinkle of cheese and pepper.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium to low heat and fry onion, bacon and carrot
- Add chorizo meatballs and fry until lightly golden
- Add rest of ingredients, turn the temp down low and cover with lid. Simmer for 20 minutes
- While soup is finishing off, fry off extra diced bacon and chorizo sausage meatballs
- Serve soup with extra bacon and sausage and a sprinkle of cheese and pepper
Your Own Notes