So this Dalgona Coffee craze seems to have ignited over the past week and my feed has been filled with it. So instead of ignoring it, this morning I had to have a go at making a keto Dalgona coffee.
First go and it worked and had stick fluffy coffee in just 1 minute using a hand mixer.
What is Dalgona Coffee
Dalgona Coffee, or whipped coffee seems to have originated in South Korea. Named after Dalgona, honeycomb or sponge toffee, it is very sweet and made with just 3 ingredients.
It super easy to make and could be used in so many ways.
I of course had to make a sugar free Dalgona coffee as I obviously follow the keto diet.
First go with some Sukrin:1 it worked. So then the real testing begun. Could this actually work with espresso coffee, or how about creamers? Let the fun begin!
Basic ingredients for Keto Dalgona Coffee
So there is just 3 ingredients, so let’s keep it simple right. The ingredients are instant coffee, sweetener, and boiling water. Yep it is that easy!
How to make keto whipped coffee (Megan style)
I hope you are ready for this and watch all the steps intently. 😂 This recipe is pretty complex. 😳🤣
- Boil some water
- Into a small but deep bowl add all 3 ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Whip using a hand mixer (so much faster) or whisk until the mixture is thick and fluffy. With my Breville Hand Mixer it took me just 2.5 minutes to achieve a very thick “mousse”.
4. Serve it on a glass of cold Keto Milk and then stir through. Eating it off the spoon is perfectly acceptable too.
Watch how easy it is to make it
Hot Tips and FAQs
- Can I use espresso or drip coffee? I tried it with espresso and it was a big fail. Drip coffee I have seen by other bloggers and it seems a lot of fussing around (with filtering) for still a lacklustre result. So use the instant coffee.
- What sweeteners can I use? Try any powdered or granulated sweetener that you prefer. I tested several sweeteners and they all pretty much worked fine, but allulose held together the longest.
- How long does the keto Dalgona coffee stay fluffy? I find that it does not hold its “thickness” as long as a sugared style would. It is less thick and “meringue-like” than the original. Best to consume at the time of making it.
- Can I use a syrup sweetener? I have no idea as I have not tested this. If you try it and it works let me know.
- Can I leave out the sweetener? Sadly no. This will not work without it. It is the reaction of all 3 ingredients that makes the Dalgona coffee work.
- How else can I use the Dalgona Coffee? I am glad you asked. Serve the foam on top of a keto mug cake, stir through thickened cream or through a keto cheesecake mixture. Alternatively any leftovers can be poured into an ice cube tray and frozen. Use the ice cubes in your next iced coffee.
- Can I have this on the Egg Fast Meal Plan? Um Yes you can! Add it into the Salted Caramel Egg Fast Shake (instead of the salted caramel).
- Can I make the Dalgona coffee in a Thermomix? Double the recipe and use the butterfly. Mix 3 min/speed 4.
Join our Keto Tribe of Coolness!
If you love hanging out with super cool humans than join us on social media. Every day we are sharing great keto recipes, benefits of the keto diet and awesome blog posts to fill your brain up with the good stuff.
Our Facebook Groups are filled with pretty awesome folk who love keto and we don’t have too much bullshit and spamming going on. (A refreshing change I know).
So come and hang out with us in any of the below and share your fave Mad Creations with us!
Keto Dalgona Coffee – Whipped Coffee
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) instant coffee instant or granulated
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) sweetener See Note 2
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) boiling water
- 1 cup (1 cup) Keto Milk (click link for recipe) or dairy free milk of choice
- Place all ingredients into a small, but deep bowl. Using a hand mixer or whisk whip the mixture until thick and pale. With my hand mixer this only took 2.5 minutes to achieve a thick mix.
- Note: Double the recipe if using the Thermomix®.
- Insert Butterfly. Place all ingredient into mixer bowl. Mix 3 min/speed 4.
Your Own Notes
26 responses to “Keto Dalgona Coffee the Best Sugar Free recipe”
Omg! This is fantastic!! I made it for friends who are not dieting and they loved it! I made a keto « cheesecake fluff » and topped it with the dalgona coffee, but I could easy eat it by itself—sooo delicious! Thank you for sharing!