These Keto Cheese Crackers are perfectly crisp and delicious. Made with only 5 ingredients they are a super quick and easy keto snack recipe that comes together in under 20 minutes.
I made this recipe up on the fly this week as I really wanted a new seasoned and salty keto cracker that was really crisp. You know the perfect kind of cracker to team with my new Keto Bacon Ranch Dip. So, I did it live on Facebook and made them for the very first time. Damn they are good,
This a super easy low carb cracker recipe. 5 ingredients and nothing too hard to source.
- almond meal (2 cups) or use Sesame Flour for a nut-free alternative
- cheddar cheese, I use Mersey Valley Vintage
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning why buy it when you can make your own.
how to make keto cheese crackers
I have added both conventional method and a Thermomix keto cracker recipe method for you. But, to be really honest you could just as simply mix together in a bowl before baking. Just grate the cheese.
All our keto snack recipes are meant to be as simple as possible.
The main thing to do with any keto crackers is just check them when baking. Because these crackers have cheese in them a lot of the fat is hot and makes the crackers bubble as the fats release during baking. You can avoid it if you use something like a skewer to poke holes in the crackers or a Dough Puncher. I am super excited to have just ordered one myself to make crackers a little easier to make.
FAQ’s and Hot Tips
- Always make sure the mixture has a bit of moisture and sticks together as a dough. If for whatever reason yours is dry and crumbly add a little sour cream or water to combine to make a good sticky dough.
- Roll dough thin. If you are not using cookie cutters, I like to roll my dough really thin (around 2mm). This gives me a perfectly crisp cracker and that is how I love them. This keto cheese cracker recipe gives you a perfect “snap” crisp cracker too.
- Always check the crackers around the 12 minute mark. After approximately 12 minutes I often find with many keto cracker recipes that the crackers cook quicker on the outer edge of the tray. Always test by tapping the cracker with the tip of my fingers to hear (and feel) that they are crispy. I then remove the tray from the oven and just remove those that are already crispy. I spread out the remaining crackers and return the tray to the oven and set the timer for a few more minutes and check again. Baking this way, I end up with perfectly cooked low carb recipes without any being overdone.
- Always cool your crackers completely before storing. I always store my crackers in an airtight glass jar. At times I do make in bulk or lots of varieties and just store them all together. The crackers will stay crisp and delicious for at least 3 months. Store in the pantry or in a cool dry position.
what to serve with low carb crackers?
Apart from eating these keto cheese crackers or keto everything crackers as I really like to call them, on their own they are fab with a dip.
Here are just a few for you try
You should know by now I love my crackers and have a huge variety of keto crackers. Simple use this keto crackers recipe link to find what we have on the website or grab a copy of our Keto Crackers eBook.
hungry for more?
and get all the latest updates.
Keto Cheese Crackers
- Preheat oven to 180℃. (fan-forced)
- Place all ingredients, except salt flakes into a food processor and pulse until dough comes together.
- Roll dough out between 2 large pieces of baking paper until 2-3mm thick.
- Using a pizza wheel cut into small crackers. Season with salt flakes and lift onto a large baking tray.
- Bake 13-18 minutes. Some of the crackers on the outside may need to be removed earlier than those in the centre. Tap the crackers with the very tip of your finger to check that they are firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool on tray for 1-2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. (fan-forced)
- Place cheese into mixer bowl; chop 3 sec/speed 8.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt flakes into mixer; mix 1 min/speed 5. Follow from step 3 above.
Your Own Notes
16 responses to “Easy Keto Cheese Crackers”
Oh My Goodness – these are sooo easy to make and satisfies my savoury biscuit need. The dough is very forgiving – rolled too thin or thick? Just reroll!
Just made these absolutely delicious, used Mil Lel Extra Sharp Parmesan & Pecorino instead because that’s what I had, will be making these again, & again. I’ve tried other recipes but they weren’t crunchy. Keto or not you’ll love these, can’t wait to have the family over and make some for them. Thanks for the recipe!
Just made the today, for the first time. I used Sesame Flour. Found it quite dry, so added approx 30mls of water – the dough came together perfectly. Everyone loved my little crisps! Great with salami!
I love these crackers, the dough is easy to work with and they are equally good on their own or as an accompaniment to a dip or even more cheese because I believe there can never be enough cheese. My only issue with this recipe is that I’ve never been able to get the sesame flour option to work. I have made the recipe with almond meal plenty of times so definitely familiar with the recipe but each time I attempt with sesame flour, it’s really powdery. At first I thought it was the cheese I used so I tried it with Mersey Valley and still got the same result, powdery and dry without any moisture at all. Has anyone made it with sesame flour successfully? Otherwise, I am just happy to make these about 5 times a week with almond meal only as they are so so worth it and a complete winner.
Please tell me if I can use something else instead of……
Everything but Bagel seasoning?
I cannot get this in Cyprus.
Many thanks Veronica.
Made these today….so easy and tasty…….I can see lots of uses for them.
Omgoodness Megan these are amazing .. can’t believe how easy the dough is to work with !!! Thank you so much 😊