Celery Soup Recipe – With Ham Croutons (Keto, Low Carb)
This keto celery soup recipe is going to knock your socks off! I am serious! This is one of the best soups I have tried. It is light, foamy, silky smooth and comfortingly good! An easy recipe on the table in under 45 minutes that the whole family will love!
Why This Celery Soup is So Good!
- It’s really easy to make! Prep only takes about 10 minutes and it is cooked in the one pot!
- This celery soup makes use of everyday ingredients!
- Thermomix, Magimix and Instant Pot friendly! You can make this easy celery soup in your Thermomix and in no time. Or pressure cook (or slow cook it) in your Instant Pot.
- This recipe is keto and low carb with only 5g net carbs per serving
- All our recipes are tested in multiple kitchens and by multiple home cooks! We want to create the best keto recipes! Quality and flavour is super important to the Mad Creations team!
Cream of Celery Soup
I have always loved the versatility of cream of celery soup. Often used as the base for casseroles I love how you can use the soup as a sauce, or just a simple soup that is also keto and low carb.
This soup is very light and creamy! I recommend using homemade chicken broth for the recipe! It adds so much more flavour!
The Key Ingredients for Celery Soup
Keep reading for more details on the ingredients, substitutes and step by step instructions on how to make our delicious keto celery soup.
Cauliflower – I use cauliflower to make a keto celery soup. Most celery soup recipes use potato to thicken. The caulfilower replaces it. Trust me the kids won’t even know it is there!
Onions and leeks – both the onions and leek do add carbs to this soup, but they also add loads of flavour! You can omit them completely to reduce the carbs or if you cannot eat them for allergies or just dont enjoy them.
Celery – I use fresh celery to make this celery soup very light and creamy. You can use celeriac root if you prefer. It adds the flavour and makes the soup more hearty!
Ham Croutons – I used left over Christmas ham for my croutons. You can swap for bacon or speck. Or any crispy croutons you prefer.
Fried celery leaves! Oh my gosh these are amazing! You need to try them with this soup! Trust me you will never throw the leaves out again!
#1. For a vegetarian or vegan celery soup simply swap the broth to vegetable broth. Leave out the ham croutons.
#2. Make a big batch and enjoy later in the week. Or freeze it celery soup freezes really well. You will have a great low carb soup to enjoy on its own or as a base for a hearty family meal.
How To Make Celery Soup
Step 1. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, leek, celery, cauliflower, and garlic until the vegetables begin to soften; 7-8 minutes.
Step 2. Add the chicken broth and bay leaf; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream; cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, approximately 10-15 minutes.
Step 3. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup with a stick blender or food processor for 2 minutes or until silky smooth. Season to taste.
Step 4. In a separate pan heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat and lightly fry the ham until crispy. Set aside to drain on some paper towel.
Step 5. Using the same pan fry the celery leaves until crisp. Drain the leaves on a piece of paper towel. Divide the soup between serving bowls and top with ham croutons, crème frâiche, fresh herbs, and fried celery leaves.
This keto celery soup recipe has been provided with Instant Pot instructions. It also includes slow-cooker (or Crockpot), stovetop and Thermomix methods.
Love this Recipe? Then You’ll Love…
Here are just a few great keto soup recipes. I am always playing around with a lot of soups and these are just a few of my best soups.
Love Our Keto Recipes?
I hope you love my keto celery soup as much as we do! If you do, then please rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave us a review to help others know that this is a recipe worth trying.
Get all the new recipes as soon as they are published when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Keto Celery Soup with Ham Croutons
- 3 tablespoons butter or avocado oil
- ¼ onion 3oz., finely sliced
- 1 leek white part only, finely sliced
- 5 cups celery, roughly chopped (1.25lbs or 550g)
- 300 g cauliflower roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt flakes and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced ham or slab bacon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil plus extra to serve
- ½ cup celery leaves
- 4 tablespoons crème frâiche or sour cream 80g
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or parsley finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, leek, celery, cauliflower, and garlic until the vegetables begin to soften; 7-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bay leaf; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream; cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup with a stick blender or food processor for 2 minutes or until silky smooth. Season to taste.
- In a separate pan heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat and lightly fry the ham until crispy. Set aside to drain on some paper towel.
- Using the same pan fry the celery leaves until crisp. Drain the leaves on a piece of paper towel. Divide the soup between serving bowls and top with ham croutons, crème frâiche, fresh herbs, and fried celery leaves.
INSTANT POT® METHOD
- Place all the ingredients into the pot. Set to Pressure Cook/High Heat/13 minutes. When finished allow natural release for 5 minutes before triggering quick release. Follow from step 3 in the conventional method.
SLOW COOKER OR STOVE TOP METHOD
- Place all the ingredients into the slow cooker; cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Follow from step 3 above.
- For stovetop, turn down to low, cover with a lid and cook on low checking every hour until hemp is soft and ham is falling off the bone. Follow from step 2 in the Instant Pot method.
- Add the butter, onion, leek, celery, cauliflower, and garlic, into the mixer; chop 4 sec/speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixer (filling only to the max line with broth); set to slow cook/100min/95°C (or 100 min/95°C/reverse/stir).
- Discard the bay leaf and puree the soup in two batches; 30sec/speed 5-9 (or less if you prefer the soup slightly chunky). Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 in the conventional method.