Keto Breakfast Quesadilla
My super simple Keto Breakfast Quesadilla will have you wanting more every day!
Keeping within a bit of a Mexican May theme I whipped up some of these delicious hot pockets last week and I have to say they have me wanting more. Have you been missing a cheese toastie? Oh god have! Not to the point that I consider heading to the shops buying a loaf of bread and making one, but making something that has that some crispy outer salty coating and heavenly oozey warm innards that remind me of cold days and nights all the way back to my youth. Haha! Even writing this takes me back to when I was a hell of a lot younger and making “Brevilles” with my brother Pete. We would cut HUGE chunks of Edam cheese place them between (preferably) white bread, but sometimes had to suffer through the multigrain, and toast them up until that cheese was melted and oh stop tasty. We particularly the old toasted sandwich maker that cut your sandwich in half and had the pillowy sections that would allow a lot of cheese to stay perfectly melted between in their confines so that when you bit into that sandwich all that cheese would burst out in a big long string of cheesy deliciousness! Just don’t get me started on the fights over who had more cheese, or when there was a shortage. Surely we weren’t the only ones back then and now enjoying the simplicity of a good cheese toastie!
The inspiration behind this recipe came from buying an Aldi Quesadilla Maker and these memories.
While it took me a while to get around to using it, now I realise it has so many possibilities I don’t believe you will find that this is the only recipe I publish using it. In fact I have already used it several times and plan on doing quite a few more experiments with it before I just use it regularly for the recipes I know.
I will say that this $25 contraption was money well spent.
3 Great Factors about the Quesadilla Maker
- Oh my goodness it is very easy to clean. Nothing like a toasted sandwich maker or some of the waffle makers it has sectioned plates that can be easily cleaned off just with a dish wipe and the outer surface has very little nooks and crannies for bits of food (mainly cheese) to hide.
- It heats really quick and cooks really fast too. As this recipe os for breakfast I want something that will cook my breakfast really fast while I am running around. I might not go out to work anymore but I do remember that time is of the essence in the morning and I am half asleep. I can even have my quesadillas pre-made pop them in, set a timer for 5 minutes while I put on make up and bing 5 minutes and I have perfectly cooked and PORTION CONTROL bites.
- So many recipes can EASILY be cooked in the Quesadilla Maker. Think bacon eggs and haloumi mixed up into a hash, pumpkin or zucchini hash, omelettes, brownies, waffles (if you dont have a maker) brownies, cakes, spanakopita, crispy huge dumpling bites (so going to make that next)
I have so many recipe ideas it is going to be fun! (So if you haven’t yet subscribed do it below, as I will SO be doing a recipe collection and emailing it out to you all. By doing this EVERYONE will get more than their moneys worth out of theirs, or when Aldi (this is not sponsored in any way by Aldi) brings them out again you will know to line up when your local opens and get yours asap.
I should say at this point too that the fillings you put in this recipe are ENTIRELY up to you. As you know with any ketogenic diet just make sure you have the good fats, some protein and minimise the carbs. You could easily be adding leftover inside some pre-made and frozen fathead discs made to fit the maker and popping them in just when you need an easy meal. See, this little $25 investment is going to be worth it.
You can also tune in below and check out my video of using this lovely little kitchen machine.
Next week I will show you the Aldi Churro Maker and how to make Savoury and Sweet Churros in less than 15 minutes.
If you love the sound of this recipe please rate below or comment so that others know.
This recipe may contain affiliate links.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Keto Breakfast Quesadilla
- Mix egg and MCT together and place in small poacher or bowl and microwave for 80 seconds. Slice into 6 even pieces
- In a large bowl add mozzarella, cream cheese, and almond meal. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir together and return to microwave for another 30 seconds
- Stir in xanthan, baking powder and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Turn out dough onto large sheet of baking paper and top with another sheet. With sides of hands push out into a rough rectangle 45 x25 cm.
- Start pre-heat on quesadilla maker, or frypan over medium to low heat.
- Cut a rough 20 cm circle of fathead and place in quesadilla maker for 1-2 minutes
- Top each section of quesadilla maker with egg and other filling.
- Top with another 20 cm round of fathead.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Serve with favourite dips or sauces.