A super quick and deliciously easy keto beef and broccoli. Ready in just 20 minutes! The best in keto recipes are the ones that take the smallest amount of time to cook. Right?
I think most of us loved our Chinese takeout and this is one of my favourite keto-friendly Chinese meals.
Why We Love This Recipe
Why do we love it… easy it tastes great! The ingredients are easy to source. And the recipe is so versatile. Use your favourite protein. Keto Asian style recipes should be fast and easy to make. If we are not having takeout then we want it to be at least quick to prepare keto Chinese food at home.
No need to make this difficult. The ingredients for an amazing homemade keto beef and broccoli is possibly in your pantry (and fridge) right now.
Broccoli or broccolini – I love broccolini it is so easy to use in stir-fries. It tastes great and looks great.
HOT TIP – If you chop the broccolini add the stems first and cook a little longer than the florets (the tree-like bits).
Coconut Aminos – are a great alternative for a gluten-free recipe and soy-free keto Asian dish. However, it is not available in all supermarkets. If you want to use something from the local grocer, use gluten-free soy sauce or gluten-free tamari in its place. It is a great condiment to have in the pantry to help create soy-free amazing low carb Chinese food at home.
Step by Step Instructions
Making this keto beef and broccoli stir fry is super easy. With just 3 steps you can make this in less than 20 minutes at home from beginning to end.
Step 1. Slice the beef very thin. I use a very sharp knife for this.
HOT TIP. Place the beef in the freezer 30-45 minutes before you slice. This will make the meat firmer and able to slice much thinner. (The thinner the better).
Step 2. Heat the avocado oil in a wide-based frying pan or large wok over high heat and stir fry the beef in batches until browned.
Step 3. Add the broccolini (or broccoli stems) to the pan and the sauce ingredients. Sauté for 1-2 minutes then add the beef and broccoli florets to the pan.
Tips for Success and FAQs
Yes of course. This keto beef and broccoli has had the gluten-filled sauces and cornflour thickener removed. It is a very healthy option for a deliciously healthy keto dinner.
Not really. This low carb beef and broccoli is only 6g net carbs. It could be reduced if you wanted to reduce the vegetables or swap the coconut aminos for beef broth.
I believe a lot of your favourite Chinese takeout meals will be filled with sweeteners and thickeners. Lucky for you I have converted a lot of Chinese recipes to the keto diet.
Sure can! Use chicken thigh fillets, tofu, white fish fillets or whatever protein you prefer.
You know I love to convert as many of my recipes to keto Thermomix recipes as I can. I would recommend using only the TM6 and the Sizzle function for Thermomix users or a thermal cooker like the Magimix Stir Fry function where the temperatures can get a lot higher.
More Recipes to Try
I love recreating a lot of keto Chinese food and I hope you love this selection of some of my favourites as much as you love my low carb beef and broccoli.
- Keto Chicken Pad See Ew
- Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Sous Vide Wagyu Steak
- Keto Sweet and Sour Pork
- Keto Teriyaki Chicken
- Keto Sichuan Beef and Broccoli
- Keto Omelette – Rolled and Baked
Join our Keto Community
Love our beef and broccoli stir fry? If you do love it, please rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a review to help others know that this is a great recipe.
Get all the new recipes as soon as they are published when you subscribe to our newsletter. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff on Pinterest.
Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Large skillet or wok
- 500 g scotch fillet or any cut of beef you prefer
- 1-2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped or 1 cup broccoli florets, cut
- 1 tsp Vegemite or gluten-free fish sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger finely grated or ginger paste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Optional cauliflower rice and sesame seeds to serve
- Slice the beef into thin strips.
- Heat one tablespoon of avocado oil in a large wide base skillet over high heat. Brown the beef, in two separate batches over high heat until browned on both sides. (This is best done only turning the once and allowing plenty of space in the pan to avoid stewing the beef in its own juices). Remove the browned beef from the pan and set it aside.
- Add an extra tablespoon of oil to the pan if needed. Add the chopped broccolini stems (if using) and stir to coat and sauté for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Add the beef strips back to the pan and toss to combine and heat through. Serve with cauliflower rice (if preferred) and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
THERMAL METHOD (High heat models only – Cook Expert and TM6)
- Slice the beef into thin strips. Set aside.
- Place the oil into the mixer bowl; heat 2 min/120°C/stir/centre cap off.
- Add half the beef to the mixer ensuring the strips are under the blades where possible. Set to high heat function and cook. Transfer cooked beef to a small bowl and repeat with the remaining beef.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Add to the mixer with all the remaining ingredients and the cooked beef; cook 2 min/100°C/reverse/stir. Serve with cauliflower rice (if preferred) and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Any cut of beef or preferred protein can be used.
Vegemite is an Australian yeast spread that adds saltiness to the stir fry. If preferred use salt and pepper or gluten-free fish sauce.
Any vegetables of choice can be used. STORAGE
This recipe can be made ahead of time and served hot or cold.
Keep chilled for up to 3 days or freeze in individual serves.
Such a perfect recipe to make for my cousin who is undergoing a keto diet. Aside from that, it looks delicious!
Happy to help Amy
This is such a filling and delicious meal and I love how quick and easy it was to make.
I love how quick it is too Lakita.
My husband and I love Beef and Broccoli and when I found your keto version I knew we needed to try it. This is delicious quick and easy , I can’t wait to make it again.
It is soooo good Debbie!
What a great meal, easy, fast, delicious. Beef and broccoli go so well together. We will be making this over and over again.
A friend of mine was talking about vegemite the other day and I’m glad to see what you can do with it. Plus, this recipe is so quick to make!
My secret ingredient Naiby.