Keto Anzac Biscuits | Sugar free recipe
My Sugar Free Keto Anzac Biscuits are a nice tribute to our Anzacs and deceivingly low carb.
Traditionally made a with a lot of sugar, oats and flour this version is just a wee bit different.
This keto Anzac recipe is on we can enjoy with our family and friends. If you don’t tell them these keto Anzac biscuits are sugar and grain free they may never even know.
How to bake Keto Anzac Biscuits
I find using the Sukrin products you get a good consistency for a keto cookie recipe and despite what you may think is a lot of sweetener in these cookies, they are not particularly sweet. Learn more about the keto sweeteners the good and bad.
That is why I have given you the option of adding just a little cinnamon. While cinnamon is not sweet it enhances the natural sweetness in baked goods like these cookies.
This sugar free Anzac biscuit recipe is easy to mix together with out any special equipment. It takes very little time to make. Just allow plenty of time for cooling on trays as it takes time for them to firm up.
I would love to see a lot of testers trying them out and letting me know what you think and if you have come up with some other versions. I am going to do another crisp version as well but maybe not the way everyone will think of. If I get what I am thinking to work I will be pretty excited.
I hope you love them. Let me know how you go below or if you have tried them with other ingredients, or tried the crispy version.
Want more sugar free biscuit recipes?
Here are some of my favourite sugar free biscuit recipes. Every recipe is created with a lot of love and attention.
I always want to create low carb biscuits that are well, like a biscuit.
Over the years I have had lots of fails to get the right consistency for the perfect sugar free cookie/biscuit recipe. Try some of these and let me know what you think.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Plus you can also join us on social media for some keto conversations and to share what you have been whipping up in your kitchen.
Sugar Free Keto Anzac Biscuits
- 130 g butter
- 50 g Sukrin Gold Syrup Click link for only Aussie supplier, See Note 5
- 25 g water
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 60 g flaked almond
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g shredded coconut
- 50 g hemp seeds See Note 7
- 100 g almond meal (for crispy version add an extra 40g almond meal)
- 60 g Sukrin Gold Granular Sweetener
- 90 g Sukrin White Granular Sweetener 1:1
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (omit if making crispy)
- 15 g beef gelatin I use Great Lakes, See Note 6
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon this is not traditional but adds a nice bit of spice
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, syrup and water to bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Fold through the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Roll approximately 35g balls of mixture into a small ball. Place onto the prepared tray and flatten slightly. Leave plenty of room between each biscuit as the mixture will spread.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and cool on trays for 5 minutes before lifting onto cooling trays and let cool and set for 1- 2 hours before serving.
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, syrup and water to the mixer; cook 2 minutes/90℃/speed 1
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix 15 sec/speed 4. Follow from step 4 above
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- These biscuits can be frozen.
- First, out of the oven the biscuit will be soft but will crisp up after a couple of hours cooling.
- Cool Anzac’s on a wire tray
- Sukrin Gold syrup has the same viscosity of golden syrup it cannot be replaced with any other low carb product to achieve the same texture. If preferred you can try extra gold sweetener, but this has not been tested.
- Beef gelatin helps provide the chew in a low carb Anzac biscuit. I choose to use Great Lakes or Locako Pasture-Raised Gelatin. However, MacKenzies from your local supermarket will suffice.
- Hemp seeds provide fabulous plant-based protein and loads of health benefits. If you do not have any, please substitute chia seeds.
Your Own Notes
You can check out all our ketogenic diet cookbooks in store at https://madcreationshub.com/shop