Homemade Sausage and Egg McMuffin | Keto
These Homemade Sausage and Egg McMuffins are so much better than the McDonalds version! Using either my English Muffins or Easy Nut Free Pastry also keeps them totally keto!
I had a hankering for a sausage and egg McMuffin style breakfast so I made my own and boy they did not disappoint! For the test I actually made them several ways to give a few options for you, but also to work out my favourite method and way to make.
Personally the nut-free easy pastry is always going to be a winner for me. Plus making this similar to my “bruffins” in Lunch Time Keto (breakfast muffins) it has everything beautifully held together within a pie-like muffin that I can eat with one hand while working on something else.
Step by Step Sausage and Egg McMuffins
This sausage and egg McMuffin recipe is pretty simple. Basic ingredients most of us have in the cupboard and fridge every week. Especially those of us on the ketogenic diet. Mince is relatively cheap in most countries, along with fresh eggs and cheese. Choose your “bun” or go completely bun-less if you wish.
For this recipe I chose some cheap “processed style” cheese slices from Aldi. I tend to like this kind of cheese on my burgers just check that they have no sugar added.
All the spices were just a mix of what I had on hand to make the sausage seasoned and I went for a pork and beef mix, more pork than beef. I will say I have enjoyed the pork mince in these burgers even more than just straight beef mince.
I have included 2 different kind of “muffin” options for this recipe. The English Muffins, found in Keto Life eBook are very simple and quick to make and store well in the fridge and freezer. I simply cook, then toast before serving in this recipe. As mentioned above though, personally I prefer the Nut Free Easy Pastry as it just hold everything inside and makes it so simple to eat without the mess and crumbs. Either way you will be happy. Another delicious alternative to sausage and egg McMuffins would be to serve as wraps, using my very popular Cauliflower Keto Wraps recipe.
Want more recipes that are great for breakfast?
Try some of these great recipes
Watch how I create the Sausage and Egg McMuffin in the Nut Free Easy Pastry in this short Video
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Homemade Sausage and Egg McMuffin Recipe
- 400 g ground pork mince
- 150 g ground beef mince
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds roughly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all patties ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Shape into small patties (70g) by pressing mix into an egg ring.
- Grill or barbecue until cooked through.
- Fry eggs to desired level. (If freezing little scramble egg mixture with a tablespoon of cream and cook in egg rings or bake in oven in a muffin tin in for 10 -12 minutes at 170℃.)
- Assemble muffins with sausage patty, cheese and egg between muffins.
If using Nut Free Easy Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Roll out pastry and cut pastry to fit small oiled ramekins or pie tins.
- Line base with pastry fill with sausage patty, cheese and egg and top pie with pastry and baste with a little egg yolk.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden.
Check out all of ketogenic cookbooks in store today. https://madcreationshub.com/shop