This keto Green Curry Paste is a fabulously easy recipe, that you can add more ingredients to make your own signature green curry blend.
Once you have made it, you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 months. If you don’t think you will use it all by then, then simply pour it into a ice cube tray, and freeze, then pop your frozen cubes in a ziplock bag and blitz a cube or two when you want to make a curry.
So easy, so tasty, and so much cheaper than buying a green curry paste from the super market and you know what is in it!
How To Make Green Curry Paste
Making a green curry paste isn’t rocket science that is for sure. It is simply done in 3 easy steps.
- Dry fry the spices so you release the oil and fragrance
- Add remaining ingredients and blend or pound in a mortar and pestle until you have a smooth paste.
- Use in your favourite recipes.
More Recipes to Try
Try some of my best recipes.
- Saffron Chicken Korma
- Easy Keto Butter Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Pad See Ew
- Sichuan Beef and Broccoli
- Easy Keto Nachos with Homemade Protein Chips
RAVING NEW FAN? Subscribe to our newsletter for more low carb keto recipes. Join our keto community on Facebook, Instagram or see all the new stuff on Pinterest.
Green Curry Paste
Green Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns whole
- 8 green chillies green
- 2 golden shallots coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 fresh coriander with root
- 2 kaffir lime leaves if you dont have it, dont worry
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 – inch galangal peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 lemon grass white part only, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- Dry fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns until fragrant
- Add all ingredients to blender or large mortar and blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Cook coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns 2 min/90℃/slowest speed.
- Add remainder of ingredients and blitz 10 sec/speed 10. Use as per recipe required.
The Thai green curry paste recipe looks amazing
I had a few questions in line with the measurement of ingredients and the macros
I need total calories and total carbs – the one you have mentioned are net carbs or total carbs?
Shallots – 2 means 2 medium or 2 cups chopped shallots?
Green chillies – same question
Thank you in advance
Ho Farzana, just 2 only when a gram or cup is not listed. The recipe also includes both total and net carbs.
Green curry sauce is so versatile! I love it!
Glad you enjoyed it Katie.
I can’t wait to try this Keto Green Curry Paste!:) Looks so flavorful! Thanks!:)
It is, Jerika.
Super easy to make!
It sure is
Easy and so much cheaper than the bought stuff