Fully Loaded Cauliflower Bake
Mad Creations Fully Loaded Cauliflower Bake recipe is basically me wanting to make a potato bake.
Growing up potato bake was always the naughty dish that might be there at a special barbecue or on the table at Christmas. Fighting with my older brothers for a spoonful was always a mission. You needed to be quick or you missed out.
Today I am obviously not eating potatoes, so you need a good substitute, and I think cauliflower does okay. Eating it like this takes out that cauliflower “smell” and it almost feels like eating potatoes, but not so carb laden. Even for those of us who are not the biggest cauliflower fans this recipe is a goodie. Personally I can eat it and not feel taste the cauliflower. lol.
If you are after some other great cauliflower recipes, like Cauli Toast, Cauli Tots, Cauli Burgers, or even the amazing Chicken Za’atar, pick up a copy Real Food Real Fast or Flavour, both books have some ripper recipes.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mad Creations Fully Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- 500 g cauliflower in florets
- 100 g cream cheese
- 70 g cream thickened
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp jalapenos pickled, chopped
- 1 tsp La Falda spice blend
- 120 g cheese grated - I used a combination of cheddar and jack
- 110 g bacon crispy
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Add 700mL of water to your thermo machine and insert the steaming basket containing the cauliflower florets
- Steam at steaming temperature for 15 minutes / speed 2
- Once steaming is done, remove cauliflower and set aside to cool slightly
- Discard steaming water
- Add the cream cheese, thickened cream, La Falda spice blend, garlic, and jalapenos to the thermo bowl and cook for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2
- Roughly chop the steamed cauliflower florets into bite sized pieces and add a bowl along with all other ingredients - reserve a handful of grated cheese for topping
- Combine well, tip into an oven safe pan and sprinkle with reserved grated cheese
- Bake in warmed oven for 30 mins or until golden bubbly goodness