Best Keto Mayonnaise | No Sugar & Low Carb – Mad Creations
Our Easy Keto Mayonnaise is the only keto mayonnaise recipe that you need!
Mayonnaise is one of the staple keto condiments for me now, and I love that I know exactly what has gone into it. This easy recipe, and the flavour variations, makes the best low carb mayonnaise and I’m sure you’ll agree!
Coming from someone who used to hate mayonnaise I am a total convert now and love this recipe. Most mayonnaise recipes are naturally keto as they should basically contain eggs, oil and acid (in the form of vinegar or lemon juice). Sadly, and I have no idea why, many get sweeteners added plus, for the store bought variety, a host of additives we don’t need.
Making easy, no sugar mayonnaise is just that, easy! It is cheap and tastes so much better. So read below for some extra tips to have a no-fail mayonnaise every time. I have even added a keto Thermomix® mayonnaise recipe for all our thermo lovers too.
Why We Love This Recipe
No sugar! Mayonnaise that is commercially produced usually has sugar added to it, along with lots of other additives; and you don’t need any of that!
Quick and easy – this recipe takes hardly any time to make, so you can make fresh keto mayonnaise with whatever flavour variation you choose.
Keeps for a few days – it is safe to store the keto mayonnaise in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 or 5 days.
As I already mentioned, a mayonnaise is just eggs, oil and acid in its most basic form.
I used to think it was terrible that mayonnaise contained so much oil. Now I realise this is good for us.
Read on for the instructions for how to make keto mayonnaise.
Hot Tips & FAQs
Oil choice is very important in making a mayonnaise. You want to choose oils that are not strong in flavour. The light tasting olive oil is not the same as virgin or extra virgin. It has more of a neutral flavour and wont dominate the mayonnaise. Extra virgin olive oil is not recommended.
Whether making mayonnaise with a whisk, stick blender or Thermomix® the trick is to add the oil in a slow steady stream to slowly emulsify the mayonnaise. If you add it too fast, it doesn’t come together properly. As you are whisking or blending the egg mix, the slow stream of oil will slowly help to form a thick delicious consistency.
Sometimes you may end up with a split mayonnaise. Don’t worry, you can save it very simply. In a separate bowl, add an egg yolk. Slowly add your split mayonnaise to the egg yolk while whisking. This will bring the mayonnaise back from “the dead” and give you the rich thick mayo you want.
I love the addition of Dijon mustard (or any mild mustard) and a good seasoning to my recipe.
A few other low carb mayonnaise variations: Chipotle mayonnaise recipes are pretty popular at the moment and the chipotles in adobo can be found in most supermarkets these days. A keto garlic aioli is also a pretty great recipe to have on hand. You can also use roasted garlic or black garlic for some more interesting flavours.
Want more Basic Keto Condiment Recipes?
If you would love to stock the pantry and fridge with sugar-free keto condiments then here are just a few more of our favourites.
- Keto Tartare Sauce
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce Keto Ketchup
- Keto Sweet Chilli Sauce | Sugar Free
- Best Ever Keto Marinara Sauce
- Smokey Keto Barbecue Sauce | Sugar-free
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup light taste olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix egg, vinegar and mustard in a blender or with stick blender.
- Add oil in a thin stream with blender running slowly until mayonnaise emulsifies and thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Insert butterfly. Add egg yolk, vinegar and mustard and mix 20 seconds / speed 4.
- Set Thermomix® to 3 minutes / speed 4. With MC in place, slowly pour in oil in a steady stream onto the lid, while the blades are rotating. You will hear when the mix has emulsified and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in airtight container in fridge 4-5 days.
- Oil choice is very important in making a mayonnaise. You want to choose oils that are not strong in flavour. The light tasting olive oil is not the same as virgin or extra virgin. It has more of a neutral flavour and wont dominate the mayonnaise. Extra virgin olive oil is not recommended.
- Also avoid all seed oils.
Love low carb and ketogenic cookbooks? Check out our huge range in store today.