A super easy keto cheese sauce. Quick to make. No fancy ingredients and super duper tasty!
I hate fussing around with too many steps in a recipe. A keto friendly cheese sauce is a great recipe to have, if it is easy! I mean Keto Lasagna is a fave of most of us right?
This easy keto cheese sauce might have a few more ingredients than some, but trust me it is worth it!
Keto Cheese Sauce Ingredients
There is only six ingredients in our easy keto cheese sauce. (Yes I don’t count salt and pepper). It is quick and simple, but really tasty.
These are all the ingredients you will need to make this low carb cheese sauce at home. All you need is butter (I use salted), cream cheese, cream, parmesan, cheddar/tasty cheese, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper.
how to make keto cheese sauce
Making your own low carb cheese sauce is easy. That is what we all want in a recipe right? This is a super creamy gluten free cheese sauce that everyone will enjoy keto or not.
For your convenience I have added a Thermomix cheese sauce recipe as well as and Instant Pot one. I know only too well that we have many appliances that we love to use these days.
Hehe! Please don’t ask what I have. I even have appliances that I have had for than a year and never used. But an Instant Pot and Thermomix are regularly used in my kitchen.
Simple melt the butter and add the cream cheese.
And the cream and whisk until combined
Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Season to taste and use as preferred.
what to use cheese sauce with
Making a keto-friendly cheese sauce is so easy.
The bonus is it is so versatile. Use it on top of some steamed broccoli or in a Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
Our Keto Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe uses it and it is perfect in our Creamy Tuscan Chicken Lasagne.
Join our social stream
We totally have a hugely active keto community if you are looking for like-minded people.
Whether you are just starting out and need to know how to start a keto diet, or a seasoned keto’er then you will find some great banter to chime in on.
Otherwise just take advantage of our all the information and recipes ou will find on the website.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Easy Keto Cheese Sauce
- 40 g butter I use salted butter
- 50 g cream cheese
- 125 g thickened cream US equiv. whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan (25g) I just roughly chop
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (100g) I use a cheddar or tasty cheese for flavour, See Note 1
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard or seeded mustard, See Note 2
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and whisk until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk continuously until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Place all ingredients into the mixing bowl and cook 6 min/80 ̊C/speed 4/MC off. Season to taste.
INSTANT POT METHOD
- Turn pot onto Sauté function. Add all ingredients and whisk until sauce is thick melted and delicious. Season to taste.
- You can use any kind of cheese in this keto cheese sauce. I prefer to use ones with flavour like a Pepperjack, Gouda, or strong Cheddar.
- Any mustard including dry mustard can be used to flavour the sauce.
- Cheese sauce is best not frozen.
- Keep in the fridge up to 7 days.
- Gently reheat on the stove or in short bursts in a microwave, whisking between heating.
Made this sauce for my cauliflower cheese dish which we will be having with our roast lamb tomorrow night. I was licking the bowl after I made it; so delish and perfect for a much better and healthier version of traditional cheese sauce using flour and milk. Nom Nom!
So happy you enjoyed it Helen.
OMG, this cheese sauce is so good I could drink it. The flavors were balanced, the texture was perfectly creamy, and it was so simple to prepare. I served it over steamed broccoli and cauliflower and the whole family loved it.
The perfect way to serve too.