Mexican Keto Phorrito | (Pho Burrito)
How did the Delicious Mexican Keto Phorrito come about? I think we can all say this just looks damn delicious! Right?
So I wanted to make Mexican Pho, and then I had left overs….When you have any leftovers and tortillas then it has to be rolled up and eaten. I love being on the ketogenic diet lifestyle when I can make totally amazing fusions like this one. On a cold wintery day a keto soup recipe is a firm favourite. This Mexican Keto Phoritto though is in a league of its own. Fresh, fragrant and zesty it has a depth of flavour yet light and delicate at the same time.
Mexican Keto Pho Ingredients
The Pho itself is such an easy and budget keto recipe that can be made ahead of time and/or enjoyed on its own. I choose to use any kind of meaty beef bones along with a cheap piece of brisket. For a great Mexican Pho though you do need to have great Mexican spices and that is when I totally love my guajillo chillies. They add that perfect touch of smokiness that when combined with the other spices and the sweetness and fragrance of cinnamon take the broth to the next level.
I do use konjac noodles and my Keto Cauliflower Wraps (for the burrito wrapper) but you could use any kind of low carb noodle (or zoodle) and use my 1 or 2 ingredient wraps from Aussie Icons.
So basically this recipe is wrapping up a Mexican Pho, only with a few simple changes it became its own meal.
Seriously if you make anything off my website this is the one to make.
Tasty as, easy to make, and if you make it all the day before what a way to wow your friends and family, with an easy looking meal that packs so much flavour.
Options are endless to add to these Phorritos as well.
I hope you enjoy. Don’t forget to pin me so you can find me easily later.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Mexican Keto Phorrito | Mexican Pho Burrito
- 1 batch Mexican Pho cooked as per instructions
- 1 packet konjac noodles
- 1 batch Cauliflower Keto Wraps cooked as per instructions
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime
- 6 red long chillies sliced thinly
- 1 green onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Heat pho and konjac noodles over medium heat until warm through.
- Remove meat and noodles and reserve. (there will still be some in the pho but that is fine
- Place a little beef into centre of the wrap and top with noodles, avocado, herbs, hoisin and sriracha. Fold in sides and roll to form a small burrito. Cut in half.
- Serve Phorrito with warm Pho for dunking. Top Pho with extra herbs, chilli and a squeeze of lime.
- Heat prepared pho with konjac noodles for 15 minutes/100℃/reverse/speed 1. Follow from Step 2 above.