We all love quick and easy recipes, and this keto frozen yogurt is a cracker!
With very little effort and time you can have a tasty sugar free yogurt in the freezer in less than 20 minutes!
As per usual I have created this recipe using both a conventional cooktop method and thermal cooker method.
With just a handful of ingredients you can make your own sugar free frozen yogurt at home. It really is super easy.
The main ingredients you need to make frozen yoghurt are pictured above. I missed off the yogurt (silly me) but I have used both Greek Natural Yoghurt and YoPro Plain or Vanilla Yoghurt and they both taste amazing. This recipe also works amazingly with our 2 Ingredient Yoghurt or Homemade Thick Yoghurt recipes.
Eggs – should be room temperature for a non-eggy taste.
Jello/jelly – I use the low sugar Aeroplane Jelly. It is simple and easy to use and has a range of flavours perfect for a homemade keto frozen yoghurt. However, I do have a great substitute for those of you want a completely sugar free frozen yoghurt recipe.
Simply replace the jello sachet with 1 teaspoon of gelatin and any extract or sugar-free flavour drops you prefer. I have used 1 teaspoon of Vitalzing Milk Drops in place of the flavoured sachets in both keto frozen yogurt and keto ice cream recipes. Adjust the amount of flavour to suit your taste.
How to Make Frozen Yogurt – Step by Step
The pictured steps below are how to make keto frozen yoghurt in a Thermomix or thermal cooker of choice. I have made this exactly the same way on a cooktop and also with the Magimix Cook Expert. To learn how to make sugar free frozen yogurt on the cooktop scroll to the recipe card below to get step-by-step instructions.
Insert the whisk attachment. Add all the ingredients and mix 10 sec/speed 4. The instructions are the same for both the Thermomix and Magimix (and possibly most thermal cookers).
Cook 9 min/90°C/speed 2-3.
Strain the yogurt into a shallow container or ziplock bag. Transfer to the freezer and leave until frozen.
Cut the frozen yogurt into small chunks and place into the Thermomix (or similar) or food processor and chop 1 min/speed 7. Scrape and extend mixing time if required. Scrape back into the container and freeze until required. OR alternatively, scoop into a cup or bowl for an amazing homemade sugar free SOFT SERVE frozen yogurt. I love it this way too! See, making keto frozen yogurt in a Thermomix is super quick and easy!
FAQs and Recipe Tips
As per this recipe there is only 2g net carbs per serve. Each serve is around 120g.
The cream can be left out completely of this recipe. Substitute your favourite coconut yogurt or dairy free yogurt.
You can for sure. I use it to help maintain a softness and be more scoopable. You can substitute vodka or collagen to help keep keto frozen yogurt soft enough to scoop.
If you don’t have a blender or food processor you can just allow to thaw a little and hand beat with a sturdy silicone scraper or wooden spoon. Alternatively, once defrosted just a little you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to break the ice crystals.
You can use any keto sweetener in this recipe. I prefer to use the xylitol or allulose as they do result in a softer frozen yogurt. If you do use erythritol-based or monkfruit sweeteners you may just need to leave on the kitchen bench to soften before scooping. Adjust the different sweeteners to your personal taste.
More Great Recipes For You to Try
I hope you love my sugar free frozen yogurt recipe. In case you love keto desserts almost as much as me then here are just a few of our most popular ones.
- Easy Keto Custard
- Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- Sugar Free Pavlova
- New York Keto Cheesecake
- Keto Vanilla Cake
I hope you love my version of a sugar free frozen yogurt. If you do make it then make sure to tag me on socials and show off your creations and favourite flavours as well.
If you do have any keto recipe suggestions, then simply comment below or shoot me an email and let me know. I am always happy to here, what I am missing and try and come up with a new tasty keto recipe that you will love.
Join our Keto Community
Keto Frozen Yogurt
- Blender or Food Processor
- 100 g (3.5 oz) xylitol or allulose, see notes
- 700 g (3.5 cups) Greek yogurt or no-sugar Vanilla Yoghurt (e.g. YoPro)
- 100 g (3.5 oz) thickened cream
- Pinch (Pinch) salt flakes
- 6 large (6 large) egg yolks room temperature
- 1 packet/sachet (1 packet/sachet) sugar-free jelly/jello any flavour, see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) xanthan gum
- Add the sweetener, yoghurt, cream, and salt to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until the sweetener is no longer grainy (3-5 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm cream mixture into the eggs while constantly whisking.
- Return the custard mixture to the pan and place over moderate heat. Whisk in the sachet of jelly; continue to whisk, intermittently, until custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon (5-10 minutes). Whisk through the xanthan gum until smooth and combined.
- Strain the ice cream to remove any lumps. Pour the yoghurt into a thin layer in a large ziplock bag or shallow tray and freeze it flat for 8 hours or overnight.
- Break or cut the ice cream into small chunks and pulse in a food processor or blender until smooth before freezing again. Freeze at least a further 3 hours after blending before serving.
- Insert whisk attachment. Add all ingredients to the mixer bowl. Mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- Cook 9 min/90°C/speed 2. Strain the yoghurt to remove any lumps. Pour into a thin layer in a large ziplock bag or shallow tray and freeze it flat for 8 hours or overnight.
- Break or cut the ice cream into small chunks. Working in two batches add half of the chunks to the mixer bowl; chop 60 sec/speed 7. Scrape and repeat until smooth. Repeat with the remaining mixture before freezing again. Freeze at least a further 3 hours after blending before serving.
Always keep yoghurt airtight to avoid ice crystals.
Guar gum, xanthan gum or 2-3 tablespoons of vodka can be added for creamier softer yoghurt.
- The best sweeteners for keto ice desserts are xylitol and allulose. Please note that xylitol is toxic to dogs and should be used and consumed with caution when around our four-legged family members. If using other sweeteners, the ice cream will be a lot firmer and may require you to leave it at room temperature for a while before it is scoopable.
- For a dairy free keto ice cream please substitute coconut cream in place of the thickened cream.
- The sugar-free (or low sugar) jello can be replaced with 1 teaspoon of gelatin and 1 teaspoon of any flavouring (or flavour to taste) you prefer. I have used 1 teaspoon of Vitalzing Drops in the mixtures and they have tasted great.
Your Own Notes
25 responses to “Creamy Sugar Free Keto Frozen Yogurt”
Can I make this in my ice cream maker?
Must make this and my cravings for mango will be satisfied! Thank you for another amazing recipe Megan! ❤
This dish looks so deliciously good. I wish I could eat that right this minute!
What a great alternative to ice cream for all fellow keto ice-cream lovers! Love the idea of this frozen yogurt.
Yum! This is perfectly delicious! My wife will love this
I made this for my wife and she loved it!
I haven’t made my own yogurt before, this sugar-free version will be great alternative.
I love this recipe!!! Frozen yoghurt is my favourite sweet snack next to ice cream, and now I can make both and have them guilt free… Thank you so very much Megan & Dave for all you guys create!!
Thank you Megan, once again you’ve created perfection!
I love frozen yoghurt, especially mango! So I made mine mango and Passionfruit (I couldn’t find just mango lite jelly).
It’s so easy and delicious!
Made this yesterday, I’ve just done part 2 before putting back in freezer. It tastes superb! I used raspberry jelly lite, my only problem was my Thermomix really struggled with it, maybe I shouldn’t have put it all in at once! I think it froze the blades haha. All good after about 4 minutes of repeats. I’m now going to make the meringue to use up the 6 egg whites. Should go well together.
The frozen yogurt is absolutely delicious, adding the jelly is a master stroke gives it a great soft scoop texture. I used orange jelly and then made a chocolate orange syrup using 85% dark chocolate, fibre syrup and orange extract which I swirled through at the end to produce a chocolate orange ripple ice cream
This recipe is so quick and easy to make.
Love the tanginess of this icecream. So soft to scoop out straight from the freezer when needed.
Next time I will try different flavours and stir through some keto jam.
I absolutely love frozen yogurt and this is such an awesome recipe.
Mango passionfruit is my favourite flavour but I will be trying a few others as well. I used birch xylitol and it’s scoops out perfectly. It tastes so much better than shop bought frozen yogurt hands down .
It’s so easy to make and there are so many flavours to choose from in the lite jelly range.
This is going to be be something I will be making many times again .