Copycat Keto Wagon Wheel | So easy and sugar free
Copycat Keto Wagon Wheels are a delicious low carb and sugar free treat. Learn how to make these keto snacks with a minimum a few easy steps. So easy and simple with no hard to find ingredients.
The original wagon wheels were okay in my book as a kid, I will be honest I probably wasn’t a huge fan.
Growing up in a house where there was minimal junk food, if these were occasionally purchased as a treat I would not say no!
These sugar free wagon wheels though I am a huge fan of! Simple and tasty! These are surprisingly a good healthy treat that even the kids will love.
Copycat Keto Wagon Wheels
This recipe is based on such a classic here in Australia. Weston’s Wagon Wheel were originally sold in Australia, launched all the way back in 1976 by Gary Weston.
Now sold in multiple countries and under the Arnott’s brand, this recipe is my sugar-free homage to a classic. As simple as 4 components that are easy to put together in this delicious low carb cookie/biscuit recipe.
- A keto cookie recipe that is so delicious and all easy to source ingredients
- Sugar free jam layer. Now you can make your own sugar free jam or buy it ready made. Found in most low carb supply stores or in supermarkets. (for us the Natvia is available in Woolworths)
- 3 ingredient sugar free marshmallow layer. Damn this stuff is too good!
Keto Wagon Wheel Ingredients
- peanut butter OR Tahini (for a nut free biscuit)
- sweetener – I have used erythritol, you can use whatever
- blackberries – frozen berries is fine. Also swap for raspberry if preferred
- butter or coconut oil (for dairy free keto cookies)
- gelatin – I use Great Lakes or Nutraorganics
- vanilla extract
- baking powder – I always recommend Bobs Red Mill double acting baking powder
- salt flakes
- vanilla extract
- sugar free raspberry jam
How to make Keto Wagon Wheels
These may look amazing and you might think to yourself….too hard? Let me tell you these sugar free wagon wheels are so damn easy to make.
- Mix together all the biscuit ingredients
- Roll out dough and cut biscuits
- Transfer to tray and bake
- Leave biscuits to cool and crisp
- Spread biscuit with jam
- Cook marshmallow and whip until fluffy
- Spoon mallow onto jam and top with another biscuit
- Refrigerate until set
- Coat in chocolate
- Refrigerate until set
- Hide them from everyone so there is more for you 😂 😂
They are just so easy!
Want more Copycat old school Favourites?
Developing sugar free sweets recipes has become a bit of favourite of mine. Here are just a few of my favourites.
Plus many of our Community’s favourites too!
- Sugar Free Keto From – Mars Bar recipe
- Keto Iced Vovo Biscuits – sugar free recipe
- Caramel Viennetta Icebox Keto Cheesecake
- Keto Choc Mint Slice Biscuits – sugar free recipe
- White Chocolate Keto Snickers Bar – sugar free
Hungry for more?
Copycat Keto Wagon Wheel
- 150 g sugar-free raspberry jam I use Natvia Raspberry & Chia
- 100 g dark chocolate I use Well Naturally Dark Choc
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all biscuit ingredients in a large bowl or mixer until well combined.
- Roll out cookie dough between two sheets of baking paper until 1-2mm thickness. Using a 5 cm cookie cutter, cut into 60 biscuits and place in single layer on baking trays.
- Bake 7 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are just starting to brown or feel crisp.
- Cool on wire rack until crisp, this will take a couple of hours.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat dissolve sweetener in half of the water.
- Add gelatin to remaining water and stir to combine. Add to saucepan and whisk to dissolve.
- Once gelatin has dissolved pour mixture into a mixer and mix on high speed until light and fluffy. This will take about 10-12 minutes depending on the mixer.
- Spread 30 biscuits with 1 teaspoon of jam and top with a spoon full of marshmallow. Sandwich with another biscuit and gently squish marshmallow to spread. Alternatively, for a 3 layer wagon wheel add another spoonful of jam and marshmallow to complete. Place onto tray and refrigerate until set.
- Coat with melted chocolate and place onto baking paper lined plate. Refrigerate until set.
- Makes 30 double or 20 triple layer wagon wheels.
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week.
- Biscuits are delicious on their own.
- You can substitute any berry of choice.
- Grass-fed beef gelatin works best. Some brands have been known to split.
- Use any jam of choice.
Check out our huge range of keto cookbooks in store today. So many great cookbooks and digital keto cookbooks to choose from. https://madcreationshub.com/shop