Coffee Fat Bombs – Only 1g net carbs
Our Coffee Fat Bombs are the perfect sugar-free treats that you are just going to love! Basically these are a tiramisu cheesecake fat bomb. Made with a short shot of espresso and mascarpone they have so much flavour.
As per usual this low-carb dessert recipe was created because I wanted a little bite size keto treat to enjoy.
I think easy keto freezer desserts are just the best. Pop them into a ziplock bag and hide in the freezer for when you need a sugar-free treat.
While you really don’t need to add extra fats to your keto diet these are a sometimes treat that will satisfy a sweet tooth. Plus they are basically keto energy bites that will give you some energy when needed.
COFFEE FAT BOMB INGREDIENTS
I have tried to keep this fat bomb recipe to minimal ingredients. Read on for more variations and extras you can add to the recipe. In keeping it simple they are a quick and easy low carb dessert or snack that can be whipped up in no time.
- 250 g cream cheese
- 200 g mascarpone, ricotta is a good substitute if you cannot find mascarpone
- 50 g butter, I use salted
- 25 g ristretto coffee or 1 teaspoon coffee extract. You can also dissolve a tablespoon (or to personal taste) instant coffee in a tablespoon of boiling water and it in stead.
- 40 g powdered sweetener, I use Sukrin Melis as it is so convenient and doesn’t have any aftertaste
- Pinch salt flakes
- 50 g sugar free dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Another additional topping for the coffee fat bombs is to mix all the below together and pour on top of the fat bombs.
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1-2 tsp unsweetened cacao
1 tsp sweetener, if preferred
Pinch salt flakes
HOW TO MAKE KETO FAT BOMBS
Here are a couple of videos to help show you how to press into the silicone moulds and simply coat in a thin shell of chocolate.
HOW TO STORE KETO FAT BOMBS
As I briefly mentioned above the freezer is the way to go with fat bomb recipes like this one. Because the coffee fat bombs have mostly creamy ingredients they will of course be soft if stored in the fridge. So just keep them airtight in the freezer.
WHAT MOULDS TO USE WHEN MAKING KETO FAT BOMBS
I just use silicone moulds for keto fat bombs recipes. The small muffin silicone moulds, or various shapes of small sizes. I find silicone is just so easy to use over metal as you can invert them and pop them out easily and there is just so many great styles.
If you don’t have silicone you can use mini muffin trays, I like a 4cm or smaller size. Alternative just spoon or pipe onto a lined tray. Cover with cling film and freeze then store in a ziplock bag.
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE FLAVOUR?
Keto fat bombs don’t just come in different sizes but also plenty of different flavours.
Our coffee fat bombs, are also bulletproof fat bombs, or tiramisu fat bombs. Here are a few of my favourite easy changes to this particular recipe for you to try.
Chocolate Fat Bombs
Omit coffee and add either 2 tsp unsweetened cacao, or Avalanche Drinking Chocolate or 20g melted dark chocolate to the mix.
Lemon Mascarpone Fat Bombs
Omit coffee and add 20g lemon juice and zest of half a lemon or teaspoons of lemon extract.
Keto Mint Fat Bombs
Omit coffee and lemon and add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract. Add a touch of green food colouring if desired.
CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY
Join our fabulous keto community on multiple channels and get support from others following the keto lifestyle. Find the best in recipes, great keto planners, get started with keto or use our Macro Calculator to start your keto diet with all the tools you need.
Coffee Fat Bombs
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until all ingredients are combined to a smooth consistency.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of batter into a silicone muffin mould. Smooth over the top with a teaspoon and place into the freezer for 20-30 minutes. See Note 5.
- To make optional topping; simply melt dark chocolate with coconut oil. Remove fat bombs from the moulds and place onto a small lined baking tray and drizzle over the chocolate. Place back into freezer or fridge for 10 minutes. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.
- Place all the fat bomb ingredients into the mixer bowl. Mix 1 min/speed 5. Follow from Step 2 above.
2. Sweetener can be adjusted to taste. I use powdered Sukrin Icing Sweetener. Any sweetener can be used but mill it to be in powdered form so you do not end up with grainy fat bombs.
3. I use salted butter.
4. The Coffee Fat Bombs are best kept stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
5. After smoothing over the fat bomb batter you could simply dust with a little unsweetened cacao before placing into the freezer as an alternate and very simple topping.