I have to say Chile Con Queso Dip has been a favourite of mine for quite some time! This version is a crowd pleaser!
Mexican food has long time love of mine. Whether it is super spicy and hot and just a tasty fragrant seafood dish with Mexican flavours, I am happy. Chile con queso dip is basically a delicious combination of a mild amount of spice and cheese! Of course most chile con queso dips are just naturally a keto compliant side dish that can work with so many other meals.
Very simple and easy to source keto ingredients are used in our Chile con queso dip recipe. You should be able to get all of this from your local supermarkets.
- onion and garlic
- cheddar cheese – use whatever cheese you love. The stringer the flavour the more tasty your con queso will be
- xanthan gum – I just use 1/4 tsp for thickening.
- 300 g thickened or heavy cream
- spices – onion powder, garlic powder, and ground cumin
- pickled jalapeños and pickle juice (for those of you who do not like chilies you can substitute capsicum or omit completely).
How to Make Chile Con Queso Dip
Such a simple recipe in every way. I have included two methods with both a stove top method and a Thermomix Chile con queso recipe. It is just as easy in both and still a very quick dip to make.
- Melt butter
- Sauté onion and garlic
- Stir through tomato and cook for a minute or two.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until the cheese has melted and the mix is smooth and delicious. Extend the time if needed to get a nice melty gooey Chile Con Queso dip.
How to Serve Chile Con Queso
As pictured above a good keto Chile Con Queso Dip also goes great on a killer Mexican Beef Burger, but I asked a few of my low carb and keto friends to give us more recipes to serve with for some keto inspiration. Here are just a few of some tasty suggestions.
- Homemade Salsa
- Low Carb Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Low Carb Tequila Drinks
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Carnitas Sweet Potato Tacos
Can the Chile Con Queso be reheated?
Yes it can. It is best to do this over moderate heat and stir to combine. Like anything with cheese and cream it can split.
How long does it store in the fridge?
Store for a maximum of 2-3 days in an airtight container.
What Can I Use?
I recommend a strong cheddar or good melting cheese like Jack cheddar. Mozzarella can be very stringy but it is up to you. Feel free to mix up your cheeses for a tasty version. Even a blue cheese would make for a delicious Chile Con Queso.
Can I freeze Chile Con Queso?
You can freeze any leftover con queso in a ziplock bag or individual portions. Please refer to reheating FAQ’s for a successful revival.
For more DELICIOUS Mexican Inspiration
- Best Ever Keto Chicken Nachos | LCHF |Paleo
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Keto Chicken Enchiladas
- Keto Tortillas | Quick & Easy Low Carb, Paleo Tortillas
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | 365 |
Chile Con Queso Dip | Keto
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 small tomato finely diced
- 200 g cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 300 g thickened cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 whole fresh or pickled jalapeño finely diced
- 2 tbsp pickle juice from the jalapenos
- Quest Protein Chips to serve and dip with Click for supplier
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent but not browned.
- Add tomato and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir through remaining ingredients. Cook until sauce becomes smooth and cheese has melted.
- Melt butter 3 min/90°C/speed 1. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 min/90℃/speed 1.
- Place diced tomato into mixer; cook 2 min/90℃/speed 1. Add remaining ingredients; cook 4 min/90°C/speed 2.
- To reheat Chile Con Queso do it over medium heat gradually to avoid splitting.
- Store in fridge for up to 2 days.
- Serve as a dip on its own, over burgers or goes great with nachos.
Leave a Reply