Chicken Milanese | Keto | Nut Free recipe
If you are wondering what the difference is between a Chicken Milanese and a Chicken Schnitzel, the answer is…. parmesan.
A chicken schnitzel recipe is traditionally done just with breadcrumbs. While a Milanese is crusted in parmesan.
How to Make It
This recipe is perfect to bake, fry or even air fry. Choose your favourite.
As such a lazy cook I much prefer popping it in the oven and setting the time and doing something else, plus clean up is a breeze.
To air fry; bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes. I only turn mine over with the last few minutes remaining to cook.
If you are choosing to fry, use a little duck fat, or lard. Heat the oil to medium heat and shallow or deep fry until cooked through.
Love Our Keto Recipes?
I hope you love our Chicken Milanese recipe as much as we do! If you do, then please rate the recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave us a review to help others know that this is a recipe worth trying. Get all the new recipes as soon as they are published when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Keto Chicken Milanese
- 440 g chicken breast 1 large breast fillet or 2 small
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 50 g golden flax meal or crushed pork rinds
- 25 g parmesan finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220℃. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Butterfly chicken breast and flatten slightly with the smooth side of a mallet.
- Mix oil, mustard, zest and juice together in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Massage oil mix into prepared chicken breast then press firmly in coating. Press firmly to coat the chicken well.
- Bake 15-20 minutes turning half way.