Bulletproof Coffee Recipe | The BEST Keto coffee
I have tried many a bulletproof coffee recipe but this one is fantastic! It was a complete surprise to me that I actually liked it 😂.
I am a black coffee drinker and the idea of butter and egg in a coffee did not exactly sound like something I would enjoy at all.
So where did a bulletproof coffee originate?
While I think the true origins of butter coffee began a very long time ago in Asia somewhere, the bulletproof coffee is said to created by David Asprey.
Thanks to the fats in the oil and butter, he says the beverage invigorates the mind and eradicates mental fog.
What you need to make it
Here is what you need. For me it is a combination of the egg and MCT powder that creates a creamy coffee.
MCT Powder with a hint of vanilla from Locako is super amazing too!
See how easy bullet proof coffee is to make
Alrighty well this bulletproof coffee recipe is far from hard to make. It is very simply a case add all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
I have included Thermomix bulletproof coffee instructions as well, for all our thermi fans.
While not in the recipe below, Bulletproof coffee can have extra spices added in such as star anise, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice or allspice.
HOT TIP FOR MIXING: If you do not have a blender or Thermomix simply use a whisk and mix in a bowl. Alternatively pour all the ingredients into jar (best to have softened butter) and shake vigorously until smooth.
Tips for the BEST Bulletproof Coffee
- Use your favourite coffee. I love a good strong espresso coffee.
- MCT Vanilla Powder is amazing in the bulletproof coffee. It adds a beautiful creaminess to the coffee.
- I use salted butter. Salt and coffee together are a match made in heaven.
- Add the egg if you want. It also adds extra fat and protein as well as making keto coffee super creamy. I add the egg particularly when following an egg fast meal plan.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or the Thermomix until creamy.
- Bulletproof coffee can be consumed hot, cold or frozen. I like to free it in an ice cube tray and blended and consumed cold in the summer months.
Join our thriving Keto Community
So you found yourself here through Instagram. We have such a great keto community on multiple social platforms and resources.
To learn more about the keto diet or find like minded people asking the same questions about how to start the keto diet.
Learn from one another, laugh and cry (hopefully none of that 😂) and be there for mutual keto support for one another.
Watch our latest low carb videos
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe – Fully Loaded
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix 1 minute until. smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Place all ingredients into mixer bowl. Mix 1 min/ 37°C/speed 5. Serve immediately.