Best Keto Chaffle Recipe
I might be late to the party but I wanted to create the best keto chaffle recipe. You wouldn’t expect anything less would you 🤣.
I am a bit of fuss pot when it comes to any keto bread recipes and I wanted to make sure my first keto chaffle recipe published was a good one. Trust me babe, you are going to have happy tummies with this recipe.
Why is it the “best” keto chaffle recipe?
So yes I have tasted quite a few chaffles since we got our chaffle maker. To be honest without a lot of seasoning I wasn’t really excited. So I began to experiment.
I actually have a few very early keto chaffle recipes in my very first Egg Fast eBook. Ones with jalapeño and goat cheese, or even sweet chaffle recipes too (they are pretty good).
This chaffle recipe includes one of of my favourite ingredients to use. Hemp seeds!
If you have followed me for a while you know I love to create recipes with hemp seeds. My Hemp Share Bread is popular enough to have its own postcode. But honestly I find hemp so nutritious and amazing in recipes that I reach for it more often than not with breads and baking.
So I rate this the best keto chaffle recipe because it is crispy, very low carb (around 0.5g per chaffle) but also has additional crispiness without the “oily” texture of other chaffles.
What is a Chaffle?
What is it and how do I make chaffles? Here is all you need to make the very very best chaffles 💕
How do I make a chaffle?
This is far from a hard recipe to make. However, you will need a small waffle iron (a chaffle maker) to cook them.
Anyway here are my super simple steps to make a low carb chaffle that you will love.
HOW TO SERVE
Well apart from my sneaky Vegemite and cheese keto chaffle recipe above there are loads of ways to use these fabulous breads.
You may not yet know of all the similar health benefits of hemps seeds but trust me I am writing about them now.
Surprisingly there is loads of health benefits similar to an egg. So guess what I have added to my new Egg Fast 2.0? Oh yeah baby!
Also our Best Keto Chaffle recipe is included in the egg fast eBook and the meal plan. I have been losing weight follow the new plan and eating these. Get a load of my double egg and avocado chaffle burger below! How awesome is it?
Anway, chaffles can be served hot or cold. Use them in place of any bread. Make a chaffle burger, french toast, or soldiers to dip in an egg. As I mentioned I am using this best keto chaffle recipe whilst following an egg fast meal plan too.
FAQs & Hot Tips
Okay so here are some questions I think you might ask. For the ones I have not covered I will add later.
- I don’t have a Chaffle Iron what do I do? Chafflles can be cooked in a waffle iron or just as “pancakes” in a saucepan. Cook over high heat where possible.
- Can chaffles be frozen? Yes they can. Store them in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze in a ziplock bag.
- Can I leave out the hemp seeds? Yes you can. The mix will be oilier but yeah you can leave out the hemp seeds and even the cream cheese if you want.
- Can I use almond meal or whey protein isolate instead of hemp? Again… yes you can. Chaffles are pretty flexible.
- How can I make sweet keto chaffles? Simple. Add sweetener of choice (and to taste). Add any flavours such as vanilla, unsweetened cacao, extracts or flavoured collagen creamers or protein powder.
- What I can I top them with? Anything low carb. Like seriously. Bacon, avocado, egg, cheese, salad, berries. Your imagination is the only restricting factor here.
Want more Keto Bread Recipes?
I am always coming up with some kind of keto bread recipes. Just likke this best keto chaffle recipe I want them all to be the “best”. Here is just a few of my faves. Otherwise check out our whopper of a keto breads cookbook.
Join our thriving Keto Community
So you found yourself here on our amazing keto site. We have such a great keto community on multiple social platforms and resources.
To learn more about the keto diet or find like minded people asking the same questions about how to start the keto diet, join our Beginners Group. Alternatively, start with our Macro Calculator or Getting Started tab.
Learn from one another, laugh and cry (hopefully none of that 😂) and be there for mutual keto support for one another.
Best Keto Chaffle Recipe
- 200 g shredded mozzarella
- 50 g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 55 g hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR A CRISPY CHAFFLE
- Extra mozzarella – read method
- 1 tablespoon parmesan finely grated
- Place mozzarella and cream cheese into a microwave safe bowl. Heat 2 minutes on high.
- Stir cheeses to combine then add egg, hemp and seasoning.
- Heat chaffle iron and spoon on 1 tablespoon of mixture into the centre of the iron. Spread just a little and close lid. Cook 1-2 minutes before lifting lid, otherwise the chaffle will tear apart. If you want crispy chaffles sprinkle the iron with the tiniest amount of mozzarella and parmesan, (trust me it does not have to be a lot) and then spoon mixture on, spread and press the lid down but open it back up immediately to sprinkle the top with a little extra cheese too. This method works awesome.
- Season chaffles and serve as a meal or top with your a low carb spread, butter, or fried eggs.