Best Keto Cake Recipes
This is a fan roundup of our favourite and best keto cake recipes. Yes we did include our keto muffin recipes, just because they are amazingly good too.
You can enjoy a keto diet with the occasional keto treat or low carb cake or muffin. It is all about balance. For me I like to have a choice of foods on the keto diet so that I never get bored or feel the need to go back to carbs.
For me this is how I actual stop any carb cravings. Honestly our Keto Vanilla Cake is an amazing cake on its own. But it is also the BEST cake to use as a base for so many other style cakes. Just check out our Carrot Cake ffor an example.
Our Best Keto Cake Recipe Round Up
Watch me make a cake 💕🧁
Megan’s Keto Cake Baking Tips
Here are just a few of my hot tips to bake the best keto cakes. You will note that most cakes contain two cooking methods. I do include Thermomix instructions for our low carb cake range as well as conventional. Hopefully soon I will also have loads of slow cooked cakes in our Instant Pot as well.
Anyway, here are just a few of my tips.
- Line the baking tin with baking paper. When using springform tins or my “old” school baking tins I always line with baking paper. I find greasing is hit and miss with gluten free baking.
- If using a bundt tin dust with whey protein isolate or cocoa (if making chocolate) as it helps to stop the cake from sticking.
- Always test your oven temperature is cooking evenly and have serviced if need be. If you do not have a temperature “gun” to check you will notice uneven cakes as a result if there is varying temps in the oven.
- Almond flour is always better than almond meal. It is finer and less gritty. Also if using almond meal, I prefer blanched in any light coloured cakes for a more appealing result.
- Keto sweetener substitutes. It is very well known I do prefer to bake with Sukrin products. However, when making your sweetener selection make sure you test the sweetness level and adjust accordingly to my recipe. I base on a 1:1 ratio so if your sweetener is less than 1 tsp serve of sugar then reduce your sweetener in the cake. You can read more about Sweeteners the Good and the Bad here.
- Always allow the cake to completely cool before icing or frosting. I know it’s hard sometimes 😂but it is well worth it.
- Please read the blog post tips and FAQs of each of my keto cake recipes to search for possible substitutes within the recipe. Sometimes there is very good reason I have the ingredient (in question) in the recipe.
- If you love keto cakes and low carb desserts check out – Amour Delicious Dessert eBook.
Join our thriving Keto Community
So you found yourself here looking for the best keto cake recipes? We have such a great keto community on multiple social platforms and resources.
To learn more about the keto diet or find like minded people asking the same questions about how to start the keto diet, join our Beginners Group. Alternatively, start with our Macro Calculator or Getting Started tab.
Learn from one another, laugh and cry (hopefully none of that 😂) and be there for mutual keto support for one another.