Avocado Keto Crackers | Easy Recipe
My Avocado Keto Crackers have proven to be a popular cracker.
If only the cost of avocados would go down then everyone will be able to enjoy these tasty little suckers!
Not only do the avocado keto crackers look totally amazing.. I mean how good do these little green crackers look?
If the avocado is way to high in price for you then try the very new Vegemite and Cheese Crackers they are totally the bomb too! It might be that I love avocado and vegemite together but what do you do. I still pay the exorbitant prices because I cannot go without avocado in my life.
Only 5 ingredients in this super simple keto cracker recipe.
- Avocado – Avocado adds the moisture and fat to combine the mixture. Being an egg free keto cracker the avocado not only adds fat to the cracker but helps to bind it
- Almond meal – I have used almond meal as it is a favourite in my crackers. Alternatively you could use sun flour or pepita meal in your avocado keto crackers as a nut free substitute.
- Sesame seeds – I love sesame seeds in my crackers. They add a nutty taste (without the nuts) are relatively cheap and easy to source.
- Sumac – found in the spice aisle at most supermarkets, this Moroccan spice is delicious. Slightly lemony, sumac pairs so great in the avocado keto crackers. If you cannot find it you can use a little grated lemon zest and a little sweet paprika as a tasty substitute.
- Cheese – I use parmesan mostly. You can use any kind of grating cheese you prefer, or even yeast flakes for a completely dairy free keto cracker recipe.
CONNECT WITH MAD CREATIONS
Don’t forget to link up with Mad Creations on social media so you never miss a recipe.
Avocado Keto Crackers
- 160 g almond meal
- 60 g sesame seeds
- 60 g avocado
- ½ tsp sumac
- 20 g grated cheese I used Aldi’s Chipotle cheese
- Maldon smoked sea salt
- lemon pepper
- cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven 160℃ . Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all cracker ingredients to TM or food processor and blend 30 seconds/speed 3. Empty mixture onto large length of baking paper and spread out with wet hands, before topping with another piece of baking paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll your mixture out to about a 2 – 3mm thickness.
- Remove top piece of baking paper, then grab the ends of your baking paper and lift onto a baking tray.
- At this point if you need to break off any of the sides to have your entire base flat on the baking tray, just break them off and push down at edges to smooth over.
- Season to taste with smoked sea salt, lemon pepper and cracked pepper.
- Cook in oven for [13-16 minutes or until crispy.
- Cut to desired shape and allow to cool before storing in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.